Shuttle Buses

I will be on the SOS again in May this year and have trouble walking far. I cannot remember from the last time if the ship runs shuttle buses at each port of call. I do not want to do all of the shore excusions but will want to do some exploring and if a shuttle bus was available that would be great. That would give me the independancy I would be looking for as I would be able to come and go as I want.

Hi,

It will depend on the port whether or not shuttle buses are required to exit the port area or not. Sometimes the port authority will provide them if necessary and sometimes RCCL will, either free or at a cost. I don't know your itinerary to help you further.

RCCL ran shuttle buses at every port for passengers on the two cruises we took. They charged $7 per one way trip. A discount (big whoop - $3 savings) card was available for all the ports. It was non-cancellable.

The ship would not tell you if buses from town would be available. RCCL was making up to $24,000 on shuttle buses in each port less the cost of renting 5-8 buses. In one port a city bus was 2 blocks from the dock. We found out about it from a hostess from the city who greeted us. If you do not take a tour be prepared to pay through the nose for shuttle buses. Like everything else on RCCL, shuttle buses are a profit center. :mad:

Hi,

Sometimes the port authority will provide them if necessary and sometimes RCCL will, either free or at a cost.

AND, sometimes, RCCL will take the FREE, Port provided, buses and use them for the crew, whilst charging passengers to ride on the ship's shuttles!

Before you "Royal Champions" begin flaming, one port in question is Le Havre (for Paris) where they did it on my last two visits with them.

I am all for them making profits but not in this fashion.

Luv

Cy

:)RC(ump)

It will be the Splendour of the Seas sailing out of Venice to Corfu, Santorini, Kusadarsi, Split. If I can get away with it I would not want to book the shore excursions as the pace is too fast for me and the distance required to walk is also too far.

Archived