What were your fave excursions in Oahu, Maui & Kauai?

mrr210

I am planning a trip to hawaii for late february and have been sifting through the posts to figure out what excursions I should not miss on Oahu, Maui and Kauai. I enjoy outdoor adventure type activities and I am already planning to take a helicopter tour in Kauai. Any suggestions (w/ tour operator names) would be particularly helpful. Thanks in advance!

Whoops, I see you're actually not going to my favorite island - the Big one.

On Kaui the Waimea Canyon is unbelievable but when I was there I also heard about some hiking excursions into the canyon that you may want to check out. Wish I'd done that.

The Bike down the Volcano on Maui was awesome. Unfortunately our cruise got into port too late for the sunset tour, but it was still great and quite an adventure. We booked ours through the ship (the tour operator was Maui Downhill) and they did a great job. I'm sure you can book this excursion through several providers.

We did the Inter-Island Helicopter Waterfall Adventure in Kauai. The helicopter has no doors and lands on private property near a waterfall, where you can swim and have lunch. It was definitely a thrill with no doors.

On Maui, one of the things we did was the ziplining. A LOT of fun. They also do that on Kauai. We also did the road to Hana on Maui (we had 2 days there). We rented a car and did it ourselves, so we could stop when/where we wanted. We went all the way around and stopped for lunch in Hana.

Cathy

Archived