Can men wear sandals with linen pants??!!

olliebum

Hi Guys.

We are going on our first cruise in late April on the famous Ventura!!

and would like to know if men can wear on casual nights trendy sandals with linen pants and shirts??!! or is this a no no!!

Thanks for any help:)

As long as the linen trousers are full length and the shirt is not a T-shirt, this sounds good to me! Are you thinking along the lines of Italian/French :cool: style smart casual? If so you won't go wrong.

Enjoy your first cruise, we are on Ventura for Christmas.

Carol x

Hi Guys.

and would like to know if men can wear on casual nights trendy sandals with linen pants and shirts??!! or is this a no no!!

I don't think any man looks good in sandals trendy ones or not. I wouldn't advice wearing them if your club dinning, as regards shirts if wearing outside pants one as to be very careful. If sporting a beer gut then definitely not, if slim why not? throw a little caution to the wind. What you mustn't do is wear cut off pants there is a big danger you might look like an extra from a Wham video circa 1983.

Hi Guys.

thats how i always dress for caribbean cruises...

and i can't see why a med cruise would be any different!

beer gut or not!! the trinny and suzanna's of the world are not to be mistaken for experts! wear what YOU feel good in! it's your holiday

There is a thin divideing line between feeling good in something and looking a plonker. If your overweight there are certain clothes you shouldn't wear and that applies to male and female. Beer guts and tight t/shirts or shirts worn outside the pants are just a fashion no no.

Thankyou guys for the helpful answers

With regards to beer guts that wasnt the question!!:D and my hubby is a model so he certainley looks hot!!!:p

Sorry O/B from your O/P I thought you were two Guys going on holiday. If your hubby is a model then he shouldn't need lessons on what to wear.

Hi Guys.

Its SMART casual by the way and your dining in a lovely waiter served restaurant having a 4-5 course evening meal, sandles with no socks???

I'd say no-no...:cool:

Clearly you have not been on a cruise with me.

Sandals on Casual

Sandals on Informal

& Sandals on Formal

For at least the past 8 cruises.

And at all other times.

Ohh its cos I cannot walk in shoes.

So sandals it is.

And do you know not one person has made a comment, not one. Most whom I have spoken to have not even noticed.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

I hope you have a permit to wear those Sandals Dai, else the Style Police will be on to you. Seriously the only reason anyone would wear sandals on an evening is through lack of taste, or they are infirmed like Dai.

We could comment at lengths on what to wear and how to wear items of clothing on cruise ships. I will always adhere to the dress code, however, it really really annoys me when it states smart casual and an expensive pair of smart shorts and nice shirt is not acceptable, great, I do not have a problem with this, but it annoys me alot when people go into dining rooms in scruffy jeans and trainers and women in tight leggings and i can assure you i look alot smarter in my shorts and shirt. Like i said I will adhere, but i firmly believe that the Manager of cruise ships restaurants should refuse entry to all persons wearing scruffy jeans and women in leggins, sorry to offend, but yet it does annoy me and I have made my comments known.

Sorry, but how can Smart Casual in the evenin include shorts? Shorts are definitely day and beach wear, along with sandals. I wouldn't want to see guys in sandals at dinner even on smart casual days. Ewwwwkkk!

Women in leggings should be banned - ALWAYS - not just at dinner. They are usually far too large to be wearing leggings anyway.

I think we should all have some pride in our appearance and keep to the dress codes but at the same time we should be less concerned about what others are wearing . I can not see how someone wearing sandals would have any effect on other peoples dining experience as their feet would be under the table out of sight. At the same time I think some sandals can look as good as shoes.

Archived