HC cabins with balcony on Sapphire

mjdgarth

Does the sapphire have cabins with balconies that are handicapped ? We were told that they didn't have any. Reading other forums, I am beginning to wonder if we got the correct information. We have a mini-suite booked now with a balcony, but it sure would be nice for my husband who is in a wheelchair to have that extra room. We are going the middle of this June and booked last year in June to try and get a HD room. We make our final payment next week.

Does the sapphire have cabins with balconies that are handicapped ? We were told that they didn't have any. Reading other forums, I am beginning to wonder if we got the correct information. We have a mini-suite booked now with a balcony, but it sure would be nice for my husband who is in a wheelchair to have that extra room. We are going the middle of this June and booked last year in June to try and get a HD room. We make our final payment next week.

Yes there are balcony staterooms that are for handicapped passengers on the Sapphire, BUT, there are some cruises that they sell out quickly (not always to those who need them I might add, as Princess does not require proof of any kind that those who book them actually need the accessible stateroom :() They are half again as large as a regular balcony stateroom to provide space for a wheelchair, and also include a roll in shower with seat. It is possible that what you were told was correct but there were none available when you booked. Sorry!

If you post your date of sailing, we can check to see if perhaps there might be one left available for booking. ;)

I looked up your previous posts to see if I could find your sailing date and found it, June 20th. Definitely call your TA or Princess if you booked direct. There is a BB handicapped stateroom still available A303. I would not hesitate too long on this though if you really want to move to a handicapped balcony stateroom. Best of luck, I hope you are able to grab it up. ;)

I think I will check with our TA when we make our final payment next week. Maybe something became available. I would have thought making our reservation as soon as the prices came out would have given us a good shot at getting a HC cabin.

I think I will check with our TA when we make our final payment next week. Maybe something became available. I would have thought making our reservation as soon as the prices came out would have given us a good shot at getting a HC cabin.

Please see my post below this. There is a balcony stateroom available (A303 Category BB) that is handicapped, I wouldn't wait until final payment next week but would call ASAP!

Here is a pic:

2608398970101627832S425x425Q85.jpg

mjdgarth-Just in case you check back, there are two handicapped (accessible) balcony stateroom I located. A 303 as I mentioned which is a BB category and B303 which is a BC category.

Best of luck. With two still open, your TA should be able to grab one up for you.

And in your TA's defense. There have been a lot of cancellations this year because of the economy. It is possible that these were deposited when you booked last June and have only become available recently.

Archived