Help....any info would be great!

jarett

I have been on over 25 mainstream cruises, but have never tried a Windstar Cruise.

Please inform me with all of your past knowledge.

Are drinks and all meals included like at an all-inclusive, or is it plus plus like on a regular cruiseship?

What is the crowd like on a typical sailing? Average age? Mainly couples, or are their lots of single people on board?

Thank you in advance!!!!

Jarett

Have sailed on Windstar 5 times.

Windstar is not all inclusive. You pay for liquor, soft drinks and bottled water.

The age of the people on board varies significantly. There are newlyweds as well as people in their 60's or older. However, the age differences do not seem to be a problem because of the attitude of the passengers - everyone is just looking for a relaxing time and to meet other people. There tend to be very few children as there are no programs targeted to their age group. Also, from what we have seen, there are normally few singles aboard.

Since it is open seating at all meals, it allows a single person to meet and socialize with others. Have never heard a single person complain about being excluded or being felt unwelcome.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

We just got back from our first Wind Spirit cruise. I would agree with the comments of the prior poster. Mixed ages, but a pretty active crowd. Very friendly passengers and crew. We had just 89 on board. about equal number of crew. open seating dining and general environment really help. I think we knew more than half of the passengers after a few days. there is a good reason why so many we met on board were frequent Windstar customers. I'm not so sure about Wind Surf with twice the capacity.

I'm not so sure about Wind Surf with twice the capacity.

The Windsurf is just as friendly and just as great! We are about to go on it for the 7th time in May. (We have also been on the Windstar twice.) Some of the nicest people we have ever met we met traveling on the Windstar fleet!

Archived