Soltice 3/15/09 GREAT !

seaya2

by far the best of the 4 cruises that I have done .(2 on the Connie) CC class room was fantastic as was all public areas.Ate only in MDR ,as we loved the food and our waiters(Nino) were great ! only thing that offended was other guests ,slovenly dressed,drunken fighting (ya really) ,or stupid childish flashing lights and hulla skirts .I guess I'm old fashioned ,but if I was in a 5 star restraunt on land ,I would not think to dress or act like I was in Macdonlds.Whatever .Wine cellar was a lot of fun ,with a great wine steward (Randy from the Connie !) Loved the Art work ,always found a relaxing spot to sit or lounge . Only critique of ship is the Mast snack bar seemed to be in a poor spot ? very hot sun ,so the crew there was uncofortable ,it showed ,but they never let it affect service .Windy on that deck so food trash tended to blow around .The onion rings were great though!Coffee shop was great ,helpful after long nights in the wine cellar ! can't wait till next years cruise !!

or stupid childish flashing lights. I guess I'm old fashioned ,but if I was in a 5 star restraunt on land ,I would not think to dress or act like I was in Macdonlds.Whatever

I guess you must have really wanted one of our flashing martini pins? Did you feel left out? Interesting that you would call them childish flashing lights. Do you feel the need to insult all the people you cruise with or just us. We would have happily shared them with you.

They are the badge of the Martini Mates, a group of Cruise Critic members who sail together on a regular basis. The only requirement to join is wanting to have fun and joining them in the Martini Bar on your cruise. As one of the founding members I can tell you that we are definitely childish. Well, maybe not childish but certainly child-like in that we like to have fun. We are all mature adults who love to sail together. We all dress appropriately (we wore our pins on our tuxedos) and we are house broken. :D

So I am guessing that the only reason that a flashing martini pin might bother someone is that they wanted one. So the next time you see one of us, just come up and make friends and we will be happy to share. I personally gave out more than 60 of them on this cruise to both pax and crew. We didn't force anyone to wear one. They just wanted them. It's our way of saying we are proud X cruisers, Cruise Critics and Martini Mates.

If they truly offend you and ruined your cruise then we will make sure to let you know when we do another Martini Mates cruise so you can avoid us. Our next scheduled cruise is in February on Azamara in SE Asia. Make sure you don't book that one.:p

But seriously, we love all cruisers and would be thrilled to have you join us.

seaya2,

Solstice is a wonderful ship isn't it? We liked it also. I'm sorry our group of Martini Mates who were wearing the martini glasses with flashing lights offended you. We have been cruising together for 4 years and keep adding to our group of happy cruisers. Our evidence of membership is our flashing martini glass. We had many new cruisers join our group, so you saw more as the cruise went on. At least we weren't wearing hula skirts with the flashing lights. :D And we definitely weren't fighting, just having a wonderful time with our old and newly found friends.

You should have joined our very active roll call and met a lot of great folks.

seaya2,

I am glad that it wasn't our pins. I can't tell you how many people were trying to find out how to get them. They were very popular.

Since you just joined CC in November, you might not have been aware of the CC roll calls. It is such a great way to get acquainted with fellow cruisers on your cruise before you go. We had almost 3,000 posts before the cruise and we couldn't wait to meet our new friends. Be sure to join a roll call before your next cruise. You will be glad you did.

I personally buy the flashing "ice cubes" from the gift shop and keep them on "flash/pulse" - BRIGHT RED in my champagne flute. You can make them flash fast, slow or stay solid. Come in 4 colors!!!:)

People constantly stop me and ask me where I got them. Glad I kept some from previous M sailings...they didn't have them anymore on Connie last year.

Signed,

Drunk and Out of Control Celebrity Elite Member

Who Likes to Have Fun:eek:

Thanks for the quickie review. Please write a more detailed review when you have time. I understand where you are coming from with your dismay about drunken behavior and fights. If I want that I could go to Cancun or Vegas or any number of spring break locales (or cruise on Carnival from what I've heard!!) We did have a number of younger people on our 3/5 Century cruise but none were over-the-top rowdy and most were as appropriately or better dressed than some of the "middle aged" folks!!

Next year, I am eyeing a late Jan-early Feb. Solstice trip to avoid the boisterous crowds:o

Thanks for the quickie review. Please write a more detailed review when you have time. I understand where you are coming from with your dismay about drunken behavior and fights. If I want that I could go to Cancun or Vegas or any number of spring break locales (or cruise on Carnival from what I've heard!!) We did have a number of younger people on our 3/5 Century cruise but none were over-the-top rowdy and most were as appropriately or better dressed than some of the "middle aged" folks!!

Next year, I am eyeing a late Jan-early Feb. Solstice trip to avoid the boisterous crowds:o

Don't sweat it. We were on the same cruise (very long review by Sunday) and didn't see one fight break out (Oh maybe in the dining room but that was just over the last piece of Key Lime pie). Actually didn't see that many inebriated passengers either. And we were very surprised at the lack of Spring Break crowd. Saw a lot more of them the week before in Key West than onboard.

some younger people make keep the party going later at night.

how cool- i love martini's- the pin would work but not on my formal wear.:(

My better half and I say...with respect... you are incorrect ..it does goes with formal wear also...

by far the best of the 4 cruises that I have done .(2 on the Connie) CC class room was fantastic as was all public areas.Ate only in MDR ,as we loved the food and our waiters(Nino) were great ! only thing that offended was other guests ,slovenly dressed,drunken fighting (ya really) ,or stupid childish flashing lights and hulla skirts .I guess I'm old fashioned ,but if I was in a 5 star restraunt on land ,I would not think to dress or act like I was in Macdonlds.Whatever .Wine cellar was a lot of fun ,with a great wine steward (Randy from the Connie !) Loved the Art work ,always found a relaxing spot to sit or lounge . Only critique of ship is the Mast snack bar seemed to be in a poor spot ? very hot sun ,so the crew there was uncofortable ,it showed ,but they never let it affect service .Windy on that deck so food trash tended to blow around .The onion rings were great though!Coffee shop was great ,helpful after long nights in the wine cellar ! can't wait till next years cruise !!

Are you talking about those sticks that connect and turn into necklaces that are in flourescent colors?

Let me restate ,I had a GREAT cruise ,everything was super .Service ,food ,and cabin. the dining room was great and was in no way spoiled by the distractions around me .Celebrity does a great job .

will there be any Martini Mates on the 4/12 Solstice?? we'll be looking for any at the martini bar...

Sorry Sprog,

The Mates can only cruise about once a year. Sometimes twice and we just disembarked Solstice last Sunday. Our next scheduled trip is on Azamara Quest, February 20, 2010.

Jim

Archived