Athen - Paul's Taxi

Has anyone used this company in Athens and had a driver named Marcos ? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

There has been so very much written on this board re Paul's and I hate to say it,but try and do a search. A lot of people have used Paul's(including me) and have been quite happy. I did not have Marcos,but he has quite a few driver's as you can imagine.I am sure you will get other replies as well. BTW,we were staying in Athens and used the service more than once and then to get to the ship...all worth it and we thought a good deal.

Actually before I posted I did do several searches regarding this company and other tours in Athens. I just did not come across this particular guide's name. Several people mentioned having Paul's son as a driver, but not Marcos. That is why I thought I would ask a more specific question.

If I missed it , I would appreciate if someone would tell me where to find it.

We used Paul's services last year. His son Dimetrius was our driver. He picked us up post cruise and drove us and another couple (who was staying on the next leg of the cruise) to Cape Sounion. As many times as we have been to Athens we had never once been there. He was great! He dropped the couple we were with back at the ship and then took us to our hotel. Two days later he picked us up to take us to the airport. I would definitely recommend the company. gail

Actually before I posted I did do several searches regarding this company and other tours in Athens. I just did not come across this particular guide's name. Several people mentioned having Paul's son as a driver, but not Marcos. That is why I thought I would ask a more specific question.

If I missed it , I would appreciate if someone would tell me where to find it.

Like I said before they all have several driver's or more and they are all "related"...they can't cover all the requests now that they are so busy..I am sure you will be fine,bit again,maybe someone will post that had the guy you are listed.It is like hiring a limo/car service here...you generally don't get the owner,but one of his driver's.I wonder how many son's he has:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

He really wasn't a "guide" but he was there. At the Acropolis he gave us a book, and we hired a guide there. He was with us all day. For us it worked out fine. We'll be using him again just for transfers from airport to hotel and hotel to ship. We're only in Athens for the day so we don't really need him. We just plan to visit the new museum.

Louise

I thought Paul was classified as a driver- not a guide? Surprising that you had both father and son with you.

Do you feel you needed a guide for all the sites?

Hey j. We decided against a guide. We were going to spend the extra and get one, but Paul said we would get basic information on the way to each site and also any questions we had the driver could answer... but I read on here that a guide really isn't necessary unless you are looking for more than just the basic history.

Hey j. We decided against a guide. We were going to spend the extra and get one, but Paul said we would get basic information on the way to each site and also any questions we had the driver could answer... but I read on here that a guide really isn't necessary unless you are looking for more than just the basic history.

Always so helpful when experienced cruisers reply!

Hi Hy, I read that too some where- even read that some people hang around the ship tour guides for a few minutes and pick up a bit more information. Just hoping our driver will give us the pre-info so we will have a good idea of what we are looking at. It's all so overwhelming- just being right there IRL! Do you think it's worth it to use one of those audioguides?

Archived