Crown & Anchor Program Revisions - join the merged discussions here

ommboz

OK so basically this means that if you dont sail on the Oasis, Allure,or the Freedom class, there is no CL for you!! I am hoping that at least the other ships will open up a lounge/bar and have something for the D members.

Apparently you'll still get your free drinks and a metting place but just not in the CL.

Royal Caribbean has a new target. The first time cruiser and families. All one has to do is take a look at the ships being built. They are going to leave Celebrity for the ones that want something a little more upscale with personalized attention. I think that the writing has been on the wall for a while now.

At one time Royal Caribbean was a more premium product when they had a smaller fleet of ships. Those days are gone and for anyone that expects them to return to those days, you are going to be sadly disappointed. Ships being built will continue to be very large with innovative features to attract potential consumers who had never thought of taking a cruise vacation over a land vacation. The perks that many are used to are going away. Royal Caribbean hired Vicki Freed away from Carnival to run this area and it looks as though she is the one spearheading those changes. I guess Royal Caribbean wants to be more like Carnival where the cruise experience is more bare bones and who better to do it than a person that was trained by the biggest cheapskate there was.... Bob Dickinson. The man could squeeze a buffalo nickel until it pooped.

People can complain all they want but nothing is going to change. We all have a choice. Deal with it or move on. Right now I am happy with my experiences and I will be on the Freedom again in a few months. It will be interesting to see if that mind set changes.

I agree that there is a whole untapped group out there that RCI is going after. However, no matter how much of that market RCI manages to bring in they still are going to need their repeat customers to keep these ships full. There are many folks out there who will try a cruise once but may not be back even if they had a great time.

For example, I have been to Disney and had a great time there but for some reason I really have no desire to go back. There are many things about cruising that folks will not take to. Checking in and out of your "resort" at the same time as 4000-5000 other people comes to mind. Having to worry about flight times because if you are late your "resort" won't be there. Limited time on an island and keeping a eye on the clock will not suite many people. Things that we cruise lovers take for granted as minor annoyances that we put up with may be seen as huge issues to many of these first timers.

Somehow, the cruise lines are going to have to find away to attract new people to help fill the ships as well as keep their present customer base. The best that I can say is that I'm glad that I'm not the one who has to come up with the plan for pulling this off.

I also agree with your final statement. I, too, am very pleased with my cruise experiences so far. My recent cruise on Adventure two weeks ago was no exception so I still really don't have much reason to look elsewhere. After next year's cruise, whatever that happens to end up being, I will see if my mind set changes.

The "event" is not every evening. Additionally - there has always been an "event" for C&A members - actually, on longer cruises, there used to be three: the C&A Welcome back party, another for Platinum & above and another for Diamond & D+ guests.

It is a joke on the old YMMV (your mileage may vary) this one means your mileage should not vary. IE I am right in my opinion. :D

It wouldn't make much sense for you to hold a certain opinion if it wasn't the right one would it?:D

Old Timer" was a term I meant for people who are well into their Diamond Plus Status doing it over years and years.

I just want to point out it doesn't have to take years and years to get D plus. 2 credits for JS and up no matter what length of cruise it is. It took me less then 3 years sailing 9 and 12 night cruises in JS and OS ( extra credit for 12 nights so 3 credits if in JS or up) but I know people who made D plus in far less time sailing just 3-4 night cruises in JS and up. it's 12 cruises in a JS and up for 24 credits to be D plus and even less cruises if you do the long cruises as you get that extra credit for to total 3 in a suite. Some people sail in balcony or below at 1 credit for 24 cruises or 2 for long cruises and some mix it up and sail different cats all the time. It just depends on the cabin people choose and the length of cruise.

I'm sorry "Royal Cruiser", the chasing of the brass ring days are over. After RCI took this opportunity to prove that their "word is not their bond", the 'loyalty' program is dead. They will not be trusted again, except by those people who are as "naive" as they think we all are. And I think that is a small group.:rolleyes:

Apparently you'll still get your free drinks and a metting place but just not in the CL.

Thank you Lord. My prayers may have been answered if the "problem" has been eliminated. PLEASE PLEASE let it be so. BUT what now do the "Princess" bookers do? Sure fix one problem and create another.:confused:

OK so basically this means that if you dont sail on the Oasis, Allure,or the Freedom class, there is no CL for you!! I am hoping that at least the other ships will open up a lounge/bar and have something for the D members.

When I called C&A to tell them that they screwed up and made a lot of Diamond members mad, the lady told me that they are giving Diamond members another party with free drinks and food, hosted by ship's officers. I told her that we ALREADY had one of those under the old (and imho, better) benefits structure.

The C&A rep then advised that us diamonds will be getting ANOTHER party just like the one that we are already used to. So whoo hoo, they took away the CL's happy hour access nightly to be replaced by one more nightly event :rolleyes:

The C&A rep then advised that us diamonds will be getting ANOTHER party just like the one that we are already used to. So whoo hoo, they took away the CL's happy hour access nightly to be replaced by one more nightly event

That' how I read it. It's a one time deal, not a nightly event.

Thank you Lord. My prayers may have been answered if the "problem" has been eliminated. PLEASE PLEASE let it be so. BUT what now do the "Princess" bookers do? Sure fix one problem and create another.

Don't hold your breath.

For one night only.

I'm sorry "Royal Cruiser", the chasing of the brass ring days are over. After RCI took this opportunity to prove that their "word is not their bond", the 'loyalty' program is dead. They will not be trusted again, except by those people who are as "naive" as they think we all are. And I think that is a small group.:rolleyes:

I don't recall Royal Caribbean ever promising Diamond or any other level access to the CL. In fact most of their older ships do not have CL so you are out of luck sailing them even as a Diamond member

Point 2 is that even without CL access Royal Caribbean still has the best repeaters perks of all the other cruise lines.

Aurelius,

I see you have been on the Enchantment. Whats the ship like? Is it a nice ship? I know it is one of the smallest ships but i believe it was newly renovated.

Where in Mass are you located?

I really enjoyed my time on the Enchantment. She's well designed and easy to navigate. I loved the Solarium! She is a little rough around the edges and it was probably more noticeable to me because of the conversations about her pre-cruise on here (one of the downfalls of CC I think. Wealth of information to enjoy cruising more but you also become aware of things you may have missed otherwise). I believe she's due for a 2 week drydock sometime in the relative near future...2010?

I'm from the North Shore. How about yourself??

Just exactly what did all you Diamond members expect from a corporation that will not honor a contract ? RCI lost my trust in November 2007 when they would not even honor the exact wording in their current brochures(no price increase after deposit except for increase in government fees and taxes).RCI is truely one screwed up company--a real shame as they have pretty ships and used to offer a fine product.

I thought the Enchantment already went thru a renovation. Didnt they split the ship in half and add a whole new section and upgrade some cabins? I thought I saw this on the Travel Channel.

I am from the south shore, 30 miles south of boston.

I don't recall Royal Caribbean ever promising Diamond or any other level access to the CL.

Maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't it part of the C&A programme and still is until 7/1?

In fact most of their older ships do not have CL so you are out of luck sailing them even as a Diamond member

They have retrofitted Enchantment, Splendour and Legend with CL's.

I just got a phone call from someone at RCI in response to a complaint letter I sent. This woman claimed that people were misunderstanding their new policies and that there would be a separate room for Diamond members every night from 5-8:30 with wine, champagne and hors d'ouevres on all non-Freedom/Oasis-class ships. She said she would send this to me in writing.

Has anyone else had a call like this?

The "event" is not every evening. Additionally - there has always been an "event" for C&A members - actually, on longer cruises, there used to be three: the C&A Welcome back party, another for Platinum & above and another for Diamond & D+ guests.

Looks like not just a one-time event.

Perhaps they really did feel there was overcrowding and decided to split the two groups???

Perhaps some people read too far into things as is known to happen on here?? :eek:

I thought the Enchantment already went thru a renovation. Didnt they split the ship in half and add a whole new section and upgrade some cabins? I thought I saw this on the Travel Channel.

I am from the south shore, 30 miles south of boston.

That was a few years ago for a more extensive drydock and refurb. Most ships go through a 1-2 week drydock every few years to replace carpeting, tiling and such. There is a calander floating around here for when the ships are scheduled for drydock.

Archived