Fontainebleau Hilton-Miami Beach

jaydee

FYI...We stayed at the Fontainebleau Hilton last month for 3 days after our cruise on the beautiful Navigator of the Seas. What a let down!

The pool area was fantastic, but the hotel was just average to us. If you stay there, request that you get a room in the main tower. When we checked in we were put in the north tower on the 11th floor with a balcony with a great view. The room was in desperate need of a face lift. The ceiling was falling down and the airconditioner vent was dripping on to the carpet which must have been happening for quite a while since the carpet was drenched! So we asked to be moved to a different room which did not have a balcony (only room left in this area) in the main tower that has been refurbished already. This room was nice but not great. We had a great view of the ocean and pool area though.

The hotel is on the board walk which we really enjoyed. If you stay in Miami Beach take a walk or stay in the Loews Hotel and eat at Emeril's restaurant there. It was quite possibly the best meal we ever had.

Also, do not make the mistake that I made and watch your ship leave from the beach. HOW DEPRESSING THAT WAS!!! It was leaving for another cruise and we were not on it.

Go Cubbies!!!!!
Carnival Jubilee 6/11/1989
Celebrity Infinity 3/9/2002
Splendour of the Seas-Europe 5/31/2003
Navigator of the Seas 3/20/2004
Adventure of the Seas 3/26/2006

I stayed there once on a business trip a few years ago and had a similar experience. For all the hype they give the place I didn't think it was anything special at all.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

I'm sad, but partly glad to hear this. I hope they put some money into her. My Mom and Dad stayed there for their honeymoon...gosh...in 62 I think...and they always talked about how wonderful the hotel was...so for my cruise this past month...I was so disappointed that it was completely booked up. I'd still like to visit for the sake of nostalgia...but won't pay prices to high to do so. Thanks for the review.

RCCL Majesty of the Seas - April 2004
Carnival Inspiration - June 2003
RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

My mom & step-dad also stayed there for their honeymoon in the early 70's and back then, it was THe place to be in Miami Beach! (this was way before it was a Hilton)
Too bad with an "upscale" company like the Hilton, that they can't keep it up (or restore it) to it's former glory and prestige.

(26 prior cruises & 2 flights on Concorde)

It has been said that angels, while on Earth,
aren't allowed to show their wings,
but nothing was ever said
about not showing their whiskers. <^..^>

I live in Miami Beach. If you need a hotel for a pre or post cruise stay, I would highly recommend staying at Loews on South Beach or if you want to splurge a bit either the Dealno or Shore Club.

The Fontainebleau just does not seem to maintain their common areas or guestrooms. I worked there years ago and would not put my own relatives up there.

The Roney Palace is also a good option for pre or post cruise stays. Beautiful four star resort,and not as pricey as Loews or some of the others. Basically a much btter value,but you don't feel like you're skimping when you are there. We love it there.

Presently they are renovating some of the balconies,so I would not stay there before next January or so. But after that I would highly recommend it.

Archived