Can you bring a can of soda into the dining room?

holdon216

Someone TOO 'frugal" to buy a Coke in a restaurant, but IS a "good tipper?"

Not something you see every day.

Dan

Are you a retired detective? I love the stuff you pick up on.

If it's a brand CCL doesn't carry, I don't see the problem. If it's a can CCL does sell, for all anyone knows it is afrom the bar or from the "mini bar" in the room. We drink Diet Dew. We put it in another glass in the room and carry it in like the folks do with their drinks/beer from the bar. Have seen them walk out of the bar next to the dining room where they were waiting for the dr to open. I feel like the ship is my home while I'm there. Is it ok for folks to go to the pizza bar at 2 am in their bathrobe......sure! It's home! :D

Happy dining!

Kat

If it's a brand CCL doesn't carry, I don't see the problem. If it's a can CCL does sell, for all anyone knows it is afrom the bar or from the "mini bar" in the room. We drink Diet Dew. We put it in another glass in the room and carry it in like the folks do with their drinks/beer from the bar. Have seen them walk out of the bar next to the dining room where they were waiting for the dr to open. I feel like the ship is my home while I'm there. Is it ok for folks to go to the pizza bar at 2 am in their bathrobe......sure! It's home! :D

Happy dining!

Kat

Long as they're not going to the pizza bar at 2AM in my bathrobe, its OK.

Dan

As a parent I can understand this question. I personally have my girls chose milk or juice at dinner. We have a 1 soda a day rule on the weekends/trips.

However, I wouldn't be offended if someone came in the dining room with a soda in their hand. You could always bring it in a glass from your room. I sometimes bring myself a glass wine. Who's to know I didn't buy it in the bar?

Lots of people bring their own soda and bottled water for their own reason.

I dont see anything at all wrong with bringing your own can of soda with you. The waiters could care less. You can pretty much carry food/beverage with you all over the ship so why does the dining room matter? IMO soda should be part of your cruise cost anyway. I can see them charging for alcholic drinks, but pop is cheap! Comparing the ship's dining room to a restaurant on land is comparing apples to oranges.

My Opinion?

Yes, it would be tacky.

Do you do this when you go out for dinner at home?

I remember my Pops used to own a garage back in the day. People would bring in their own motor oil and filter and ask him to change the oil in their car. He'd look at them and ask " Do you bring your own bacon and eggs to the restraunt and ask the cook to fry them up for you?"

It wouldn't bother me. Maybe the child can drink his coke just before & after dinner & have something else at dinner? I bought a soda card but I won't do that again. It was always flat. They would use an already open can to pour into a cup. I seemed to never get a cup from a fresh can. I think I would take a 12 pack or so for your cabin though.

My Opinion?

Yes, it would be tacky.

Do you do this when you go out for dinner at home?

I remember my Pops used to own a garage back in the day. People would bring in their own motor oil and filter and ask him to change the oil in their car. He'd look at them and ask " Do you bring your own bacon and eggs to the restraunt and ask the cook to fry them up for you?"

Not the same thing. When I go out to dinner at home I am not staying at and paying for and eating at a resort. The ship is a resort and you ARE a guest of the entire ship. Some days I drink booze on a ship, some days I don't. If we are having a pre dinner drink in a lounge and I order a Coke and talk more than drink and the dinner call goes out, am I supposed to leave my near full Coke that the 'resort' charged me for, in order to enter the resorts restaurant?

In the garage it is beyond tacky, but Pops could charge for his labor, No? And his labor should run many times the cost of a qt. of oil!!:D

Dan

Not the same thing. When I go out to dinner at home I am not staying at and paying for and eating at a resort. The ship is a resort and you ARE a guest of the entire ship. Some days I drink booze on a ship, some days I don't. If we are having a pre dinner drink in a lounge and I order a Coke and talk more than drink and the dinner call goes out, am I supposed to leave my near full Coke that the 'resort' charged me for, in order to enter the resorts restaurant?

In the garage it is beyond tacky, but Pops could charge for his labor, No? And his labor should run many times the cost of a qt. of oil!!:D

Dan

Did you not see my very first sentence?

"My Opinion"

It is what it is,,, MY OPINION

Now, if it made you feel better to quote me and then attempt to argue YOUR opinion,,,then I hope you feel much better about yourself

If we bring case of soda for the 12 year old would it be EXTREMELY tacky to allow him to bring a can or two into the dining room??? Would certainly be the cheaper route to go. What do you think?? Have you seen others do this??

THANKS!!!

Not Tacky at all, I would do it myself.

Fred

:D

I have seen people carry buckets of beer into a dining room, I have seen couples walk in 30 min late every night of a cruise i have seen drunks tell there servers to come to their cabin for good tip. and there are people complaining about bringing a can of soda, for a child no less. i would much rather see someone carry in a can of soda, then many other things. Then again i watch other people get a good laugh out of some and don't let much of anything effect the fun i am having.

I even think there are people who if they could, would walk around the ship rolling a keg if they could get away with it.

STOP.spying on me.................................I'm on vacation

I bought the soda card on my last cruise and I didn't get a refill once during the whole meal. I would definitely bring a can. It's not tacky - it's your perogative. If it was easier to get refills on soda it would be different but for some reason it's like pulling teeth sometimes.

ewwwww!!!! Ive seen people spitting in soda cans and bottles and just makes me nauseous.. nasty, nasty, NASTY!.. that is tackier than bringing a soda can to the dinning room.. which by the way, I dont think is tacky.. you can bring it in your purse and discretely take it out.

I was kidding. Everybody knows a beer bottle is much better than a can for spitting. (Kidding again, lol - I don't touch the stuff)

Are you a retarded detective? I love the stuff you pick up on.

Now that wasn't nice. :p

I vote for the not-tacky side, mainly because as some have said it could have been purchased anywhere on the ship.

Did you not see my very first sentence?

"My Opinion"

It is what it is,,, MY OPINION

Now, if it made you feel better to quote me and then attempt to argue YOUR opinion,,,then I hope you feel much better about yourself

Actually you posted,

My Opinion?

So it looked like you were having trouble with your opinion. I was just trying to help.:rolleyes:

Well I could have agreed with you and then we'd both be wrong!:D

Just kidding you.

Dan

I have seen it done plenty of times and I have done it myself. They allow you to bring soda onboard so how can it be tacky to take it to dinner. I don't think it's any different than taking the powdered drink mix with you and putting it in your water at the table(which I also do). I have even had waiters asking if they could try one of my powdered drink mixes. It's not being cheap and it's not being tacky. Don't worry what other's think, it's your vacation so walk in that dining room with your soda in hand and your head up. The waiters are used to this so they will have your glass of ice ready for you every evening. Some people on this post have never seen it before not because it has never been done but because it's so not tacky that they never took notice to it happening.

OMG, some of the people on here can produce diamonds from lumps of coal strategically placed on their person! :p

I bring a can of Diet Dr Pepper to the DR each and every night of the cruise. Why? It's my brand and the ship doesn't carry it. I buy one cocktail when we are seated and I enjoy MY favorite soda with my meal.

If I want a second soda (since I don't drink coffee), I'll ask for a Diet Coke on my soda fountain card.

If the cruise was one day with only one meal, then I could live without my brand. But when I am away for five to seven nights, I like to enjoy my favorite soda with each meal.

Peace. :cool:

I read a tip somewhere on this board that children are allowed one free carbonated beverage with their meal in the dining room. Don't ask me where I read it... don't remember. :confused:

Can anyone confirm this policy in the main dining room? And if it is true, what age does the policy cease to apply?

I read a tip somewhere on this board that children are allowed one free carbonated beverage with their meal in the dining room. Don't ask me where I read it... don't remember. :confused:

Can anyone confirm this policy in the main dining room? And if it is true, what age does the policy cease to apply?

birth

I bought the soda card on my last cruise and I didn't get a refill once during the whole meal.

I found this to be the issues with my Coke card too. I could never get a refill at dinner. Maybe it was just the bartender at our area during dinner and others had better luck, but when she would first come over and ask for drinks for anyone, my DH and I would order our Diets she would bring the first one and never return. We were at a small table with no other drinkers.

I found this to be the issues with my Coke card too. I could never get a refill at dinner. Maybe it was just the bartender at our area during dinner and others had better luck, but when she would first come over and ask for drinks for anyone, my DH and I would order our Diets she would bring the first one and never return. We were at a small table with no other drinkers.

In my experience, the bar waiter/ress will not come around once they know you will not be ordering from the bar.

You should have made it clear that you would like the bar waiter to return for another "round" of sodas. If that fails, you can always ask your DR waiter or asst. waiter to get the bar waiter for you.

So, chocolate milk is available in the dining rooms for dinner?? That might work. It is not the cost of the soda card. BUT, if we have case or two of soda in the room why buy MORE soda!!!

Just curious. How do you get a case or two of soda in your room? Carry on or in che ked baggage?

Just curious. How do you get a case or two of soda in your room? Carry on or in che ked baggage?

You may be able to get it through carry on, but some have had that much confiscated. In my experience, a 12 pack per person has always been allowed.

Getting a case through in checked bags should be no problem.

You may be able to get it through carry on, but some have had that much confiscated. In my experience, a 12 pack per person has always been allowed.

Getting a case through in checked bags should be no problem.

I tried a 12 pack of 7 UP last October, as carry on. They took half from me, guess they was thirsty! Will try again, its only a couple of bucks, if they take half again. No room in checked baggage to smuggle.

Archived