Need suggestion for rainy days in NO

JMS920

We will arrive in NO this Thurs. morning crusing out on the Conquest on Sunday. We're staying at the Hilton Riverside. From what I see it looks like we could have rain every day. So what do we do each day since walking around a lot may not be an option? Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks... JoAnn :confused:

Haven't been there yet, but am planning, just like you. How about the Aquarium.....that should be good for a few hours. Also, a cooking class. I have friends who just went, and said it was their best meal in New Orleans. They did a 3 hour class, because they were really interested in the bread pudidng, which wasn't included in the 2 hour class. So there's another few hours over with. Oh, on Travel Channel, they showed a place called, I think, the Rock n Bowl. It's a bowling alley with live music and dancing....another few hours! Swamp tours go on rain or shine so maybe the pontoon type with a canopy would be your best bet on a rainy day. Of course, take the streetcar through the Garden District. I'll try to think of more things.

JoAnn:

I highly recommend "The New Orleans School of Cooking" Big Kevin is great. They prepare Gumbo, Jumbalaya, Bread Pudding and Pralines to die for.....It's worth a shot. Sorry, but I don't have the address. It is in the French Quarter, just ask around.

I don't think you would have more than a rain delay. Besides the aquarium, there is an Imax theater. You are adjacent to the Riverwalk Shopping Center.

http://www.auduboninstitute.org/aoa/index.php

http://www.auduboninstitute.org/imax/index.php

http://www.riverwalkmarketplace.com/

I'd still pck your walking shoes, however.

Wow thanks everyone! I love the suggestions. I'm really praying for good weather. My friends and I have been looking forward to these few days in NO as much as our cruise. We won't let a little rain get us down.....I'm packed and ready to go.......and have the walking shoes packed! Thanks again everyone.

JoAnn

Good luck with the weather. If it does rain, the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum is a lot of fun. You can hop from there to Cafe Du Monde for a beigne. The D-day Museum is very interesting.

If it were me, hmm, I would grab an umbrella and my appetite, and hop from one restaurant to another sampling drinks and appetizers and then roll back to the hotel for a nap.

Archived