Question About Spa on Pearl--Alaska Trip

bragstarr

I'm thisclose to booking Pearl to Alaska with two other couples. I know on the Dawn last fall it was a flat charge ($79?) to use the indoor facilities in the spa for the entire cruise. Does anyone know the deal with this on Pearl? Wondering if there was any reduced cost because the ship is sailing to Alaska and they do not have any other indoor swimming facilities (no sliding glass roof:mad:)

Thanks....

I can't imagine the cost being less on an Alaska cruise - the views from the spa are spectacular and if the weather is pool, you could just park yourself in the spa wrapped up in a robe and watch the glaciers pass you by......

We're never done the Alaska run on the Pearl but spent lots of time in the spa on our Caribbean cruise. It was especially fun to be in the spa on a lounger as we pulled out of port:).

Every cruise we go on we buy the spa pass for the week - it's great to return from a shore excursion tired and sore and then head up to the spa for a soak, steam and rest on the tile loungers......ahh, life is good.

Does anyone know what the current charge might be? If we go, we're going with two other couples, and I think this might be something the ladies might splurge on......Does sound like a nice place to Glacier watch while in Alaska!

Note to Lambchoplady--we posted at the same time; I did not ignore your post!

Bragstarr, I was with you on the Dawn last fall.

Whatever the price the spa is WONDERFUL on the Pearl in Alaska. I purchased the pass 2 years ago and went everyday (surprising myself). Once I got in that thermal spa pool I could only drag myself out to lay on the hot stone lounger. Then back in the pool, then some time in the sauna, back to the pool, more stone lounging. The views are GREAT from up there. Also, there was never alot of people (maybe because it was Alaska).

I'd do it again in an instant if I weren't going to Hawaii in May to see James on the POA. Heck, maybe I can fit Alaska in in August. :D

Hey Karen, good to hear from you. How nice that you are going to see James on POA--say hi for me and Bruce. I'm glad you liked Pearl in Alaska. If only I could get our group to make that booking.....I think Monday may be the day of decision!

We got the spa pass for Alaska on the Pearl and enjoyed it immensely. No discounts since the demand will probably be higher on this itinerary. It was nice having access to an enclose spa pool and the heated tile lounges, jacuzzis and showers. (My best hot stone massage was on the Pearl.)

If not everyone wants to splurge to get the pass for the whole trip, pick a couple days, get to the spa early, and get the spa pass for the day. They not only sell a limited number of passes for the whole trip, but they also sell a limited number of daily passed.

Also, if they don't sell out of the passes for the whole trip at the beginning of the cruise, they usually offer them until they do sell out, but at a slightly lower price each day. No guarantees though.

Hi I will be on the Star to Alaska in May, do you have to pay to use the steam/ sauna room and the thermal pool?

thanks

Karen

Yes. Although I think if you have a spa treatment you get to use the area for an hour ahead of your scheduled appointment.

I know you have had a lot of answers, but I just had to chime in; I got the spa pass on the Pearl to Alaska in 2007. All I can say is GO FOR IT!

My sister and I started our days with a small breakfast, then a 45 minute walk on, then on to the spa for a long as we could. Our hubands commiserated together and called themselves spa widowers! Needless to say, they are also getting the spa pass on our next Alaska cruise on the Pearl in September!

Not many people were in the spa whenever we were there, and we were on the loungers looking out the front of the ship as we entered Glacier Bay. We would have stayed there the whole time in the bay if we did not feel guilty about leaving our husbands alone.

We already are putting our pennies away to pay the now increased fee, but will indulge, most definitely!

Enjoy!

My wife and I got the spa pass when we were in Alaska last year. We did go everyday and it was a nice place to get away from the kids and relax, read, sit in an uncrowded hot tub, and take a nice shower and before dinner. I think we paid about $86- worth it for the peace and quiet.

The spa pass sounds heavenly.....we are booked on the Pearl for the Panama cruise from Miami to Los Angeles.

My question is since this is a 14 day cruise does anyone know if they still do the pass for the length of the cruise and what the cost is? Would they double it? I hope not....that get's a bit expensive I think.

Thanks in advance.

Well, we were ready to book today and found out the price went up $50 per person and now DH is flipping out. We'll see what tomorrow brings. If anyone has a TA who works with NCL pricing, email me at bragstarr at optonline dot net. Thanks! Just put NCL Pearl Alaska in the subject so I know what it is!

We are bringing our girls 11 & 9 on the June 7th Alaska trip. Am I packing swimsuits for them for an outdoor pool? From what I am gathering, there is no enclosure for the outdoor pool right? It would be strange packing swimsuits for the parents but not for the kiddos!

Well, unfortunately it seems we are not going after all. Started figuring out our expenses and how much this trip would cost flying from JFK and realized we were talking about a lot of money that needs to be spent on other things right now--and I do have Oasis of the Seas booked for January! I appreciate all the answers; and may end up doing this at some point!

Archived