EVERYTING' COOL BEACH, can you help

Has anyone ever gone to this beach in St Maarten, and if so can you tell me all about it, whats there, crowded or not,how the water is, entertainment, etc. Thanks in advance, see you all on the Mariner May 2nd.

Smooth Sailing, Lacey

We went there last year and it was perfect for us. We had two families with two 12 year old boys and a 10 year old girl. The children loved the water trampolines,and we liked the food and bar close by for us adults.They also have jet skis available for rental. We really enjoyed the fact that it was close to the shopping, the water taxi and everything else that we wanted to do while there. It does get more crowded as the day goes on, but not bad at all earlier. There are a good number of vendors who try to sell their items, but my husband had a great idea when he got tired of saying no thank you a dozen times...he offered to sell them his watch whenever they came back around. He gave a great sales pitch too icon_smile.gif. That seemed to really cut down on the number of vendors that would come by. Be careful of the lockers however, when we were there all the keys fit all the lockers, not just the locker that they were in. Have fun on the Mariner, it'll will be a great trip!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;7;17;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS

It's a convenient place to spend the day. Easy to get to, near shopping, food available as well as water toys, chairs, umbrellas, etc. We've gone there a couple of times.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

We went there last year and enjoyed it. We were there in the morning hours to just past lunch and it never got crowded. We only had a couple of vendors approach us, but took no as an answer the first time. The water was calm. Great floating water. It was within easy walking distance of the shops and the pier.

we were just there in march. very nice people. about a 10 minute walk from the ship. when you get off the ship walk down the beach to near the end. nice bright coloured building you can't miss it. there are several resturants on the beach and most have lounge chairs and the like to rent anywhere from 8-10 dollars. one restaurant that you will walk by is called oalichi or something along that line. there food is very good and they also have chairs for rent and waiters to bring you drinks

this is a great beach - we got engaged there - but i don't think you need to purchase the excursion from rccl to go there.

as for the strolling vendors, pretend like you are asleep and they won't bother you!

when we were there a vendor was by us when the "policia" came. she all of the vendors took off, and ours stuffed her wares under our beach chairs and ran - but only far enough where she could keep her eye on her stuff. she eventually came back for it. it was funny.

I was there in Nov. and Jan. but only at the bar -- however, I did walk in the water a while. It was wonderful. In Jan. the beach was a little crowded, but beaches, especially good ones, are supposed to be a little crowded, right?

I don't think you'll be sorry going!

Host Miriam

Community Supervisor

ldrscruisemir7@aol.com

<font face='Comic Sans MS' color=6B8E23><font size="2">

<marquee width=40%>Until Mariner Reali-tini Cruise</marquee>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=6B8E23&cdt=2005;10;16;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

<center>realltblue.JPG

smbanreali.gif

bb1.gif

</center>

Thanks for all the replies everyone, I will definately be going there with Hubby and Best Friend Traysee while on the Mariner this week. Is it pretty close to Front street and if not how much do you think a taxi would be???? Hubby is disabled and walking may be a problem.

Smooth Sailing, Lacey

It's a great beach, take the water taxi to the town pier and less than 10 minute walk. I did it as a shore excursion which included, lunch, drink. I think we had to rent the lounges but I'm can't remember lockers that made me a little nervous, ok for clothes but we kept our money with us. Vendors were not aggressive and have great prices for big beach bags. Best of all sun and swim for a few hours rinse off then SHOP icon_eek.gif The store keepers don't mind that your hot and oily.

Hi Mir how are you. Haven't heard from you in a while. icon_frown.gif

Happy Cruiser

Brillance of the Seas Panama canal Jan2005

Radiance of the Seas Thanksgiving 2004

Vision of the Seas Oct 2004

Radiance of the Seas Jan 2004

Adventure of the Seas Nov 2003 25 th Anniversary

Enchantment Oct 2002

Rhapsody Alaska Aug 2001

Horizon Bermuda July 2000

Sovereign Jan 1996 and November 1991

Monarch Nov 1993

Majesty Nov 1992

QE2 transatlantic July 1986

Countess March 1986

Can you walk there from the ship? I've seen one post that says yes and another that says take a water taxi and walk. Which one is correct? icon_confused.gif

thadventure-ZDsc20077.jpg

<MARQUEE>RCL Adventure of the Seas July 4, 2004 </MARQUEE>

Till we leave :

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;7;4;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Carnival Destiny 7/01

Carnival Pride 7/02

det38.gif Stanley Cup 2004!

Win Wings 4 Predators 2 On to round 2

Wings 2 Flames 3

Take the water taxi. We walked in as someone had told us it was a short walk. We are in our 40's, the walk was more like 25mins. It is along a 2 lane road with little to no shoulder, and no sidewalk. Definately not pedestrian friendly. On the other hand the water taxi is $6 for all day, so if you needed to return to the ship or wanted to go back for lunch you can do it. Or if some in you party wanted to return eralier that is also possible.

One other note, if you plan to go some where else on the island, ie marigot, orientetc. you can walk to the front of the port area and there are taxi's that are regulated and will take you anyplace you want to go.

RCI Sov. of the Seas 11/96

Carnival Elation 6/2000

Carnival Sensation 5/2002

Celebrity Century 11/2002

Celebrity Century 10/2003

Celebrity Century 11/2003

RCI Grandeur 5/2004

Princess Caribbean Princess 10/2004

May God bless the USA and all those fighting for freedom!

The water taxi is not big deal. You pay for your day pass, get a plastic bracelet, get shuttled over to the main dock in town with 100 other travelers in about 5 minutes, and everything else is walking distance. So yes, its best to take a water taxi, but it doesn't feel like you've had to hire out additioanl transportation. Its is a very smooth process. What I can't remember is how accessible the water taxi's are, so taking a regular taxi may be a good backup plan. If no one here can answer the accessiblity question, perhaps the St. Maarten Tourist Bureau can -

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>St. Maarten Tourist Bureau

Vineyard Office Park

WG Buncamper Rd. #33

St. Maarten N.A.

Tel: 5995-22337

Fax: 5995-22734

E-mail: info@st-maarten.com <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The day were were at St. Maarten was when the Serenade was new and the Brilliance and the Serenade were docked together for the first time. The cool thing was watching the crew and staff from both ships. There were quite a few reunions and a great vibe all around. The crew and staff seemed to be Everything Cool their base for the day. It was fun to watch these hard working people have fun, play volleyball on the beach, and all icon_wink.gif. I felt like I was at a mellow spring break beach party.

Vicki

Check out my guide for first time cruisers http://www.vsn.org/cruise

Radiance 6/2002

Radiance 10/2002

Brilliance 11/2003

[/b]

LEGEND OF THE SEAS - September 26, 2004

Visit our Roll Call HERE

Cruise Europe 2005 (CC Group Cruise)- June 5, 2005 on the Brilliance

Visit our Roll Call HERE

Archived