Island Princess - Alaska northbound formal night question

LadyLeo84

We will be sailing on the Island north bound to Alaska this June in celebration of our 40th anniversary. Just needing to know if the 2nd formal night is the same day as cruising Glacier Bay? We are hoping it is as our anniversary is on June 27th - the same day as Glacier Bay. We want to renew our vows on that day, too and from what we understand, the vow renewals are only done on "sea" days.

Thanks!

Trudy

Has anyone been on the Island Princess north-bound to Alaska that could tell me if the second formal night is when we cruise Glacier Bay? I can't seem to get this info from Princess as they say it's up to the captain which nights are formal!!!

Thanks.

I have not sailed on the IP, but, I have sailed on the same itinerary on the Dawn the 2nd formal night was the day of glacier bay cruising. That being said I renewed my vows on the CB this past summer (lovely ceremony well worth the $$) but they didn;t give me a choice as to which sea day I wanted they gave me the first one. Hopefully you wil get what you want or will be able to switch it.

Congrats !

Thank you so much for your replies!!

Lenore, did you also celebrate your anniversary while on board the CB?

Just hoping that they will see the significance of us wanting to do the renewals on "our" day. I have already sent the paperwork in to Princess with a request for the 27th even though we didn't know if it was a sea day or not. We have heard from others as well that it is a very meaningful, emotional ceremony, so it will still be a special day whichever day it's done I'm sure.

O.K. I just went to your itiniery and yes the 2nd formal nite would be glacier Bay which is on June 27 "your day". The last nite which is college fjord is the pack the suitcase nite so that cannot be it. I was on the coral last year doing the same itiniery and it is 2nd and 6th nites that are formal.

marilyn

Thank you so much for your replies!!

Lenore, did you also celebrate your anniversary while on board the CB?

Just hoping that they will see the significance of us wanting to do the renewals on "our" day. I have already sent the paperwork in to Princess with a request for the 27th even though we didn't know if it was a sea day or not. We have heard from others as well that it is a very meaningful, emotional ceremony, so it will still be a special day whichever day it's done I'm sure.

Our actual day was about 6 weeks before our cruise (we couldn't get the family together any sooner). I don't remember requesting a certain day but, hopefully they will be able to accomodate you and it will be extra special. Everyone was very helpful and the photographer took a lot of pictures. Enjoy!!

Archived