Vancouver Airport to Downtown Hotel

DH and I will need to get downtown (Sutton Place Hotel) from the airport on a Friday evening (arriving at the airport at 7:15pm). The main options that we are considering are taxi or hire a limo/sedan.

There seems to be a bit of discussion about this but I can't find anything that gives any indication at to the pros and cons of either. From what I can tell the price will be about the same for either one since there are only two of us traveling.

Can any Vancouverites weigh in on this and let me know if my assessment is correct regarding the costs being almost equal for the two options? If that's the case then would we be better to go with the hire a limo/sedan both for the nicer vehicle and also the guaranteed fixed cost?

DH and I will need to get downtown (Sutton Place Hotel) from the airport on a Friday evening (arriving at the airport at 7:15pm). The main options that we are considering are taxi or hire a limo/sedan.

There seems to be a bit of discussion about this but I can't find anything that gives any indication at to the pros and cons of either. From what I can tell the price will be about the same for either one since there are only two of us traveling.

Can any Vancouverites weigh in on this and let me know if my assessment is correct regarding the costs being almost equal for the two options? If that's the case then would we be better to go with the hire a limo/sedan both for the nicer vehicle and also the guaranteed fixed cost?

You have three options;

1) taxi - will be approx $35

2) limo, there's a stand at the airport, cost will be approx $45

3) yvr airporter bus, a direct bus from the airport to the downtown hotels. cost is $13.75/ea

I'd probably just grab a taxi for 2 people. For three, grab the limo. Vancouver taxis are small (Prius, Corolla are the most common)

• 2 weeks later...

1st let me say you are going to love Sutton Place. And with that being said, I would go for the limo. When we stayed there we came out of the airport to get a taxi and we saw the condition of them (not to mention the size) we opted for the limo. Had a wonderful driver and he gave us wonderful tips about the area.

This year we are returning to VanCouver from a cruise but we will still opt for the limo to the airport instead of ending a cruise like cattle on the ships transfers.

I agree with getting a limo. Last year, we did the shuttle, because it was just leaving as we got to the stand where it departed from. Well, you get a little tour of Vancouver's hotels, and the Sutton Place was the very last stop.

Since you are arriving in the evening (7:00) it will take about an hour to get to your hotel, this year, we will definately take the limo.

We loved the Sutton Place Hotel.

Sailing this year in Sept. with Celebrity.

Archived