RCCL Called Me About Their Exciting Changes!

Text of my letter to Adam Goldstein:

Mr. Goldstein,

Several weeks ago I wrote to complain that I could no longer combine loyalty program benefits that I had earned by cruising with RCCL, by being a RCI stockholder, by using an RCCL-branded VISA card, and by booking next cruises on board. In short, I was a Loyal Royal.

A very pleasant member of your staff called to thank me for writing, said there were some exciting changes coming to the Crown and Anchor program, and thanked me for cruising with Royal Caribbean.

I guess revoking my access to the Concierge Lounge is the exciting change?

I currently hold three 2010 reservations with Royal Caribbean and two 2010 reservations with Celebrity. Those five cruises total 53 nights at sea. I am considering moving all five to another cruise line. Like your ads say, WHY NOT?

Chevy Cruiser

C&A XXXXXXX

PS: You should probably ask your marketing people how many people a happy customer shares his experience with and how many people an unhappy customers shares his experience with.

Well written. I, too, have been distressed that RCCL has not been addressing the real problem-that diamond status was too easily achieved, based on credits and not on days at sea. However, I do believe that Diamond members should have been grandfathered in on this change. I now feel free to to look at other lines, with different itineraries. The Diamond discount, while nice, only evens up RCI pricing. So, it will be interesting to see the fallout. :(

Now I am just waiting to find out when they will cancel the RCCL Visa rewards program..... :mad:

That why I cashed in my 225,000 points for my Dec 1 & Dec 5 Oasis cruise. I figured I better get the value on the points before they change it and lower the value. I went a head and sent them in January even though the cruise is in December. You can be to safe! They have already been credited to my account.

Text of my letter to Adam Goldstein:

<snipped>

A very pleasant member of your staff called to thank me for writing, said there were some exciting changes coming to the Crown and Anchor program, and thanked me for cruising with Royal Caribbean.

Thanks for sharing, ChevyCruiser. I'm amazed at the spin the RCI folks are trying to put on this.

Archived