Questions - Majesty to Bermuda

Hi All,

Just a few questions - my mom, son (age 8) and I are going to Bermuda in late June.

I've read the buffet lines get long - is this also true of breakfast? At breakfast do they have the kinds of things kids like (waffles, pancakes)?

How is the kids program?

Is this cruise mostly couples/families? (My mom and I are both single)

Can you use certain spa facilities (sauna, shower, etc) without purchasing spa services?

Also - really important - I will have to get internet access for brief periods of time while in Bermuda each day due to work. Any tips on a good place to go while in port? (I do not want to use the ship's internet -too slow!)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi All,

Just a few questions - my mom, son (age 8) and I are going to Bermuda in late June.

I've read the buffet lines get long - is this also true of breakfast? At breakfast do they have the kinds of things kids like (waffles, pancakes)?

How is the kids program?

Can you use certain spa facilities (sauna, shower, etc) without purchasing spa services?

Also - really important - I will have to get internet access for brief periods of time while in Bermuda each day due to work. Any tips on a good place to go while in port? (I do not want to use the ship's internet -too slow!)

I was on the Majesty Boston to Bermuda in '04 (and '00) so a lot of things will probably be very different on your itin but on my cruises no lines were prohibitively long... that I encountered... the ship was full.

I read about the the NCL Spirit that some spa resources are available at no charge... the steam room and something else. Not sure about the Majesty

I have a pen pal in Hamilton who is very sweet and has answered all of my questions (so far) so I will ask him later this week about a good place for internet access... and let you know if he gives me a suggestion for you (if I don't come back to this thread e-mail me at maggiecatenjay@gmail.com to remind me).

On our cruises there were VERY few singles. My group met two twenty-something guys who were, what my father used to call 'scooping.' The poor guys. The ended up hanging out with us forty-somethings 'cause they couldn't find any single women. I think they had fun but the cruise did not meet their expectations, shall I say.

If you want to see pics of the Majesty (there are a lot to wade through) feel free http://maggiecatenjay.wetpaint.com/page/Cruise+Bermuda+%2704+Pics .

Have a great cruise!

Hi All,

How is the kids program?

HI,

I have taken the Boston to St Georges trip on the Majesty six times, most recently in August of 2007,

There is an internet cafe right in town a five minute walk from the peir called Cafe Latte. You can purchase a card for internet time pretty inexpensivly.

Also, you can purchase bus and ferry passes there as well. Google it and it should come up pretty easily.

There is a lot withing walking distance for you and your son.

If you can bring snorkelling gear from home, you can walk or take a 4.00 shuttle bus to Tobbacco Bay. If you like wavy beaches, then just on the other side of Fort St. Catherine is St. Catherine's beach.

The town itself is cute and has a lot of souveneer type shops that kids like.

We used the bus and ferry pass to get around the island, but single fare passes are also available.

I have always gone in August when schools are out and lots of families are on board and never experienced unreasonable lines in the buffet. The pancake and waffle station is outside of the mail buffet are near the pool, opposite the omelette station. The omelette station sometimes has a line.

You can also eat breakfast in the dining room if you like and order pancakes off the menu. The dining room staff will make your son feel welcome, although sometimes with kids, a faster breakfast in the buffet works better.

When I have gone the buffet has had sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, fresh fruits, toast, bagels, muffins and breakfast pastries, cereal and milk, yogurt, juices, etc...

The bakers on this ship are outstanding. Do not miss the croussants.!!

There will be plenty of families on the ship, so you might meet up with other families near the pool, but then again you may not. Sometimes big groups stick together and don't particularly reach out to chat.

You may want to consider signing your so up for kids crew and see if he likes it. If there are others his age enrolled, he will make friends there and give you a little grown up time on your vacation. I have seen the groups of kids around the ship on scavenger hunts, pajama parties and stuff like that and they seem to be having fun. I haven't had kids on the cruise so I cannot comment on it directly

I'm sorry that I cannot answer questions about the spa as I have never used it on this ship.

One other thing....I don't usually take ship excursions in Bermuda because it's so easy to get around, but always enjoy the Turtle Bay Catamanran excursion. If it's still being offered just take a peek at the tour description and see if it's something that you might like.

I hope that you enjoy your trip on the Majesty. She is an older smaller ship

but I always have the best time when I go.

Cafe Latte on Water Street in St.George for internet.

Post Office, also on Water Street has free access with limited time but if there is no one waiting, you can use it until someone shows up, unless a postal worker gives you a kindly reminder.;):)

Archived