Guarantee Cabin allocated nine months to go

cecparkinson

We booked a K Guarantee on the Diamond two weeks ago and have already been allocated a cabin number.:) Would normally be excited but we still have nine months until we embark. :eek: Has anybody out there been allocated this quick and with so long to go and what do you reckon the chances of the cabin number being changed.

Many thanks in advance for the replys.

Cec and Kim

We booked a K Guarantee on the Diamond two weeks ago and have already been allocated a cabin number.:) Would normally be excited but we still have nine months until we embark. :eek: Has anybody out there been allocated this quick and with so long to go and what do you reckon the chances of the cabin number being changed.

Many thanks in advance for the replys.

Cec and Kim

You booked a category K, what category were you assigned? Cabin category I mean?

Yes, there is a slight chance you could still find yourself in a different stateroom by the time your cruise rolls around. But normally, once the stateroom is assigned, that is where you end up. The assignment can show up from the day after you book right up until you aboard. We usually have seen a cabin assingment (when booking a few guarantees) within a couple of weeks of our booking.

Remember, booking a guarantee guarantees you a stateroom IN the category you reserved OR above, not guaranteed it will be above (although many times passengers receive an in category upgrade, like from lowest inside to a higher inside). Being upgraded to a higher type of stateroom like inside to balcony only occur rarely anymore.

Never book a category you won't be happy with counting on an upgrade to a better one. Book the least you would be happy in if you end up there.

Best of luck though!

So it seems it is the norm them, just this is our fifith guarantee and we have never been allocated until about a month to go. Toto we booked a K guarantee and got a K, alas the upgrade fairy has not visited this time.

Cec and Kim.

So it seems it is the norm them, just this is our fifith guarantee and we have never been allocated until about a month to go. Toto we booked a K guarantee and got a K, alas the upgrade fairy has not visited this time.

Cec and Kim.

Cec and Kim, Well, you got what you paid for then I guess. BUT, keep an eye on that pricing. Since you have so long before your cruise, if the price drops on higher categorys, you can self upgrade yourself. Many times I have seen some book and be assigned but keep their eyes open for price drops. They have been able to alocate themselves a better location in a higher category for little or no money. But, you have to keep checking, you never know when it might happen.

Gives you something to occupy your time while waiting. lol :)

As said, good luck, you never know anymore when a certain cruise won't sell well and poof, you can do your own upgrade for the same price.

Cec and Kim, double check with your travel agent to verify that your booking was in fact a guarantee and not a just a K category; this far out and to be assigned the exact category makes me think your TA booked you into an assigned K, not a guarantee K.

Hi Toto you've hit on a nerve there. I have posted before on this topic of price drops. unfortunately in Rip Off Britain they do not allow us either to be upgraded or recieve OBC if the price drops I only know of it being done in the US but obviously it does in OZ.

Hi Toto you've hit on a nerve there. I have posted before on this topic of price drops. unfortunately in Rip Off Britain they do not allow us either to be upgraded or recieve OBC if the price drops I only know of it being done in the US but obviously it does in OZ.

Sorry, my error, didn't look at where you were posting from. My apology! :o

Archived