RCCL Misplayed this from a Messaging Standpoint

The message we all got:

Due to limited capacity, the Concierge Lounge has not been able to accommodate our growing membership, challenging our ability to provide the optimum experience for our guests. Therefore the Concierge Lounge will now be accessible to our suite and Diamond Plus guests only. Diamond Members cruising on Freedom class, Oasis of the SeasSM, and Allure of the SeasSM will continue to be able to experience exclusive access to a dedicated Diamond Lounge on these ships, which feature a complimentary 'happy hour' from 5:00-8:30pm daily.

The message they should've written:

The Concierge Lounges continues to enjoy their explosive popularity, and as the number of Diamond guests has swelled, the lounges have gotten too full to comfortably achieve their purpose. We're therefore pleased to announce the creation of new Diamond Lounges on Freedom Class, Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas; like the current concierge lounges, the Diamond Lounges will feature complimentary beer, wine and spirits from 5:00-8:30pm daily. Click here to see ship maps showing the locations of these new lounges.

The current concierge lounges on all ships will be renamed Suite Concierge Lounges and will be reserved only for suite passengers, consistent with their original design and size.

We're therefore pleased to announce the creation of new Diamond Lounges on Freedom Class, Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas

I understand your point, but you do realize diamond lounges were introduced on Freedom Class 3 years ago, right?

To the OP I think your approach is right on. When I read the email (just received) from RCCL I felt they made a couple of major sins.

Look, like it or not I understand their move and as a Diamond member I realize I to will be impacted, but to send an email filled with purported enhancements and then to essentialoly end with a perk being taken away is poor form.

It is like telling someone you think they are very pretty and then adding the word "but" at the end. All that person will remember is what was said after the word but.

The notice on the C&A site did leave a bit to be desired. Almost as if you were in the Spa, they told you how much nice stuff they did for you etc...how great you look, and oh yeah we cut your gonads off while we were at it...and then hand you the bill. Maybe a bit over dramatic but really they went from lots of nice stuff to slap to a group of cruisers who have at least 10 credits.

At the bare minimum that is 4 cruises with at least 3 of them 12 nights or longer in a JS cabin or above. Its not like they cut out a Gold or Platnium thing where those cruisers have not earned as many credits.

OP hit the nail on the head with a different message would have probably gone over a bit better, although in the end pen to paper the same result is there which leaves many just as angry.

The message we all got:

Due to limited capacity, the Concierge Lounge has not been able to accommodate our growing membership, challenging our ability to provide the optimum experience for our guests. Therefore the Concierge Lounge will now be accessible to our suite and Diamond Plus guests only. Diamond Members cruising on Freedom class, Oasis of the SeasSM, and Allure of the SeasSM will continue to be able to experience exclusive access to a dedicated Diamond Lounge on these ships, which feature a complimentary 'happy hour' from 5:00-8:30pm daily.

The message they should've written:

The Concierge Lounges continues to enjoy their explosive popularity, and as the number of Diamond guests has swelled, the lounges have gotten too full to comfortably achieve their purpose. We're therefore pleased to announce the creation of new Diamond Lounges on Freedom Class, Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas; like the current concierge lounges, the Diamond Lounges will feature complimentary beer, wine and spirits from 5:00-8:30pm daily. Click here to see ship maps showing the locations of these new lounges.

The current concierge lounges on all ships will be renamed Suite Concierge Lounges and will be reserved only for suite passengers, consistent with their original design and size.

Much better message than the one issued by Royal caribbean (which I've not yet received:rolleyes:) but you forgot to add the post script

PS If you don't sail on Freedom class......TOUGH:(

Archived