Costa Atlantica - Caribbean ?s

riu girl

1. While in the Caribbean what kids channel(s) are offered on the in room tv?

2. What is Costas cancellation policy?

3. Having already sailed Carnival, would I be elegible for discounts on Costa (ex. past guest etc) since Carnival and Costa are in the same cruise conglomerate?

thank you

I really don't remember seeing a kids channel on the tv ... but then we didn't watch tv at all as there were no english channels to watch! All we looked at daily was the information channel to see where we were .. sorry.

As to the other 2 questions I really don't know the answer. Hope somebody else can help you with them.

TV - I recall having some TV channels in English while sailing the Carib. As to kids channels - I'm not sure.

Cancellation Policy - You'll need to check Costa's website and/ or with your travel agent.

Frequent cruiser program -- While Carnival Corp owns lots of cruise lines, each of them, unfortunately for us, maintains their separate passenger loyalty programs. It would be great if there was some sort of compilation of these, even if partial credit was given for sailing on sister lines.

TV - I recall having some TV channels in English while sailing the Carib. As to kids channels - I'm not sure.

We came back only a week ago from the Atlantica in the Eastern Caribbean and there were no English programmes on the tv at all. Even the English speaking hostess commented on it and apologised to us.

It may be different if the sailing takes place out if a US port, as Costa Fortuna did this year (there were american tv channels available) or if you cruise with costa from another caribbean port that is more directed to europeans...

It may be different if the sailing takes place out if a US port, as Costa Fortuna did this year (there were american tv channels available) or if you cruise with costa from another caribbean port that is more directed to europeans...

I totally agree with that. We didn't touch the USA at all ..sailed from St. Lucia. The main embarkation was from Guadeloupe and we English speakers were very much in the minority. Only 20 Brits in our party and around 40 English speaking Canadians (and out of over 2000 on board that is not a lot) ..the rest were mainly Italian, French and German thus reflecting the choice of tv channels.

Cancellation Policy - You'll need to check Costa's website and/ or with your travel agent.

Frequent cruiser program -- While Carnival Corp owns lots of cruise lines, each of them, unfortunately for us, maintains their separate passenger loyalty programs. It would be great if there was some sort of compilation of these, even if partial credit was given for sailing on sister lines.

If you frequent Carnival brands, buy 100 shares of Carnival stock and you get onboard credits. We get an onboard credit on all Carnival owned ships world wide no matter where they sail. Amount depends on the length of cruise and the area you are sailing in. Just got $100 on our 7 day HAL Westerdam cruise and will get another on our Zuiderdam cruise in July. Costa gives $100 for 7 days in the Carib. Current stock holder benefits are good until July 2010 and as a bonus Carnival stock often pays dividends too. Here is Carnivals official statement on this topic.

1. While in the Caribbean what kids channel(s) are offered on the in room tv?

2. What is Costas cancellation policy?

3. Having already sailed Carnival, would I be elegible for discounts on Costa (ex. past guest etc) since Carnival and Costa are in the same cruise conglomerate?

thank you

for the TV, while we were in the Med in November the only english channel was the BBC news and it occured during the Mumbai bombings. This was, needless to say, a little heavy for my 12 y.o. DD who was looking for a dubbed "Disney Channel"! On previous FLL based Costa cruises there was some programming in English, but mostly news channels out of Denver or the midwest (totally random) and one movie looping in many languages.

Costa's frequent "flyer" program is weak; and does not cross over with Carnival.

Archived