Disembark in San Juan - What to do?

kjsting

Is it worthwhile to book a shore excursion in San Juan when you disembark early and your flight does not leave until 4:30? I have a family of five, so renting a car and seeing San Juan on our own may be a tough option since we will have too much luggage to store. Any suggestions??

If the excursion to the rain forrest is offered it is really nice. I liked the rain forrest in Puerto Rico much better then the one in Dominica. We saw hummingbirds that looked like they were on steriods-much bigger the the ruby throated hummingbird we see here at home.

Close to where the ships docks (you can walk to it) is old San Juan and an old fort. I enjoyed doing that-but we stayed over 2 nights and rented a car to do these things on our own. I have read posts here at cruisecritic of people who stored their luggage at nearby hotels for a small price. Maybe if you go to the ports of call section of cruisecritic you will find more information.

One thing you could do is go to the airport and rent a car but you would probally want to change your flight to later if you go to that bother. We have always managed to get our luggage in a car when we rented it. Sure it is crowded and if you have more then 2 people a corolla will NOT be big enough and if you have more then 3-rent a van and I would not try it with more then 5 in a van because of all the luggage.

Archived