New to cruising- promenade room on AoS 12 Apr

Much like the title states, we're new to cruising and bringing along our two rugrats (girls 10-12). Everybody is getting very excited. The ladies are all out shopping for appropriate attire for the little ones (they want to dress to the nines for the formal night) lol.

It was very last minute but the travel agent managed to find us a spot. It's inside stateroom promenade view. He sold it as a great room but I'm alittle concerned about the noised, etc. I like that it's in the middle of the ship though, I think that'll help.

Looking forward to it all.

Any reviews on the rooms? I couldn't find much.

I've stayed in a Promenade Room and its just as quiet as with any interior room, except with a view! The only time you may hear a little noise is when there is a parade taking place in the Promenade. But even then you barely hear any noise...(I've slept through one before). Just remember to close your curtains if your going to be changing or showering.

We have take our granddaughters and stayed in a Promenade cabin and they absolutely loved them. They can sit at the window seat and people watch to their hearts content. It is also a great place to watch the "parades" (about 11 pm).

Just remember to close the drapes when you are not fully attired as passengers across your cabin can see directly into your cabin. Surprise!

Enjoy your cruise.

Are you trying to put 4 of you in a Promenade Room? Because I'm pretty sure you can't do that as they don't have the 3rd/4th beds. Just the two beds that can be pushed together into a queen and a small couch.

We LOVED our Promenade Room on the Liberty in December, and yes you could hear noise and music depending on where you were, but it never really bothered us.

Hunter -

Just wanted to say "hi" as we're on the same cruise as you and our kids (son - 13, daughter - 10) are coming as well. I'm sure they'll meet each other in the kid's club, or by the pool.

Since you're new to cruising, thought I'd mention that there's a "meet & mingle" event where you can meet some of the people on these boards. Check it out under the "Roll Calls" section.

See you in 2 weeks!

Much like the title states, we're new to cruising and bringing along our two rugrats (girls 10-12). Everybody is getting very excited. The ladies are all out shopping for appropriate attire for the little ones (they want to dress to the nines for the formal night) lol.

It was very last minute but the travel agent managed to find us a spot. It's inside stateroom promenade view. He sold it as a great room but I'm alittle concerned about the noised, etc. I like that it's in the middle of the ship though, I think that'll help.

Looking forward to it all.

Any reviews on the rooms? I couldn't find much.

Hunter -

Just wanted to say "hi" as we're on the same cruise as you and our kids (son - 13, daughter - 10) are coming as well. I'm sure they'll meet each other in the kid's club, or by the pool.

Since you're new to cruising, thought I'd mention that there's a "meet & mingle" event where you can meet some of the people on these boards. Check it out under the "Roll Calls" section.

See you in 2 weeks!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=558555

Hi hunter08,

Come on over to the roll call -- Merion Mom very nicely just posted the link. We're picking up steam over there, everyone anticipating this cruise in just two weeks. Sign up for the meet & mingle (link at the top of the roll call pages), there's still time. And many of us (you'll see on the roll call thread) are getting together at the Aquarium bar at 5:30 on the first (sail away) night. Chance for adults to meet each other and get a drink and kids to meet each other too before main seating the first night. Those of us with late seating will just have to extend happy hour for a few hours more:).

David

Hello all,

No about the squeezing everyone in one room. We managed to get adjoining with the doors between. I wasn't too happy about that at first but then looked at it as a way of having an additional bathroom. (3 ladies in total on trip, lol)

I'll search for the meet and mingle. It's been pretty alot to take in so far and still trying to read as much as I can before time. Excursions are hard to decide on.

The kids are very excited about the kid activities, etc.

Archived