Jaco Falls - Rainforest

semiretired52

• 2 weeks later...

i warn you: we went to jacko falls as an afterthought and thought it was just great. of course, we got there just when the tourist (ship towels=dead giveaway) groups were leaving so we had the palce to ourselves. this was a modification to our itinery dreamt up by our guide and the resturant owner where we had lunch. it is small and we didn't get to any of the traditional places, so i really don't have a handle on whether you'll like it-- we are out-of-the-way folks, so this was special after the last group left. i don't like crowds and it's easy to get your driver to go a reverse route. as i say, if you're looking for just "a waterfall", this has to lead the pack owing to its remoteness and location. Oh, and from what i have read, everything (falls) seems to be a "hike" to get to; this waterfall (and pool) was just one flight of steps down. great after a sweltering day of humidity and hiking. of course, we don't get to say we went all those "must see" places, but beauty is in eye ease of the tourist!!

• 6 months later...

Archived