Yippee!! Just booked first aft balcony

GTO-Girl

We just booked our first Princess cruise and our first "aft" balcony B752 on the Emerald Princess. Any chance anyone out there has any pictures of this balcony or one similar? (I have already verified that it does not have the dreaded beam :D)

Also we are driving from Atlanta to FLL (no flames we HATE to fly). Can anyone who has driven this give me an idea about how long we're looking at?

Thanks everybody!!!!

My mother lives in McDonough and will not fly. Thus she drives to the various FL ports when cruising. They typically spend the night in central FL instead of driving the entire way in one day. It is around 600 miles.

If you do a search you may find some pics of B752...We booked B748 for our cruise next month.....

We just booked our first Princess cruise and our first "aft" balcony B752 on the Emerald Princess. Any chance anyone out there has any pictures of this balcony or one similar? (I have already verified that it does not have the dreaded beam :D)

Also we are driving from Atlanta to FLL (no flames we HATE to fly). Can anyone who has driven this give me an idea about how long we're looking at?

Thanks everybody!!!!

Congratulations! We love aft balconies. On our transatlantic two years ago, we had one and it was incredible to have that many sea days with this balcony! Just loved to spend time watching and listening to the wake. Especially nice as it was protected from the wind. Even on just a 7 day cruise out of Galveston, it was great.

We had the cabin directly underneath this cabin on the Emerld in May 07...in C748....this was our first cruise and the Aft cabin position was fantastic for us...there's absolutely no engine noise or vibration..lying in bed watching the wake snake its way behind was magic. Enjoy!

It's been a few years, but we've made the drive from Marietta, and I seem to recall it took us about 12 hours. But that was making numerous pit stops, and we drive conservatively. I suspect it would not be difficult to beat that time, especially if you aren't starting from the north side of town.

For comparison, I put it into mapquest, and it said 10.5 hours.

It's been a few years, but we've made the drive from Marietta, and I seem to recall it took us about 12 hours. But that was making numerous pit stops, and we drive conservatively. I suspect it would not be difficult to beat that time, especially if you aren't starting from the north side of town.

For comparison, I put it into mapquest, and it said 10.5 hours.

From our side of Atlanta we can drive to Orlando in a little over 6 hours, so I'm figuring at least another 3+ hrs from there.......

I know it's a long way to drive, but we hate to fly so much that it just works out better for us....

Thanks for the info!!!

Thanks everybody!!!!

Hi, We will be in this exact cabin in 18 more days. I will post pics when I return.

Looks like we'll be neighbors...We booked B748....

Howdy Neighbor! It looks like we will one in B750 in the middle......I am sure your cabin will be awesome with both the back and side view from the aft!

Can't wait!

Marci : )

Oh, you're so lucky!!!! I just got off a two-week voyage on the Grand in C752. I LOVED that cabin. We used it so much - coffee in the morning, wine before dinner, a nightcap before bed. It's really, really private and no wind. Dead private, too. It's the most usable balcony we've ever had. I could just sit there and stare out to sea all day quite happily. You don't get a ton of sun which suited us fine because sometimes balconies aren't usable in port because they're so blazing hot.

And it was easy to keep the door open at night because you didn't get that whistling wind noise you get in some cabins.

You will love it!!!

Oh, you're so lucky!!!! I just got off a two-week voyage on the Grand in C752. I LOVED that cabin. We used it so much - coffee in the morning, wine before dinner, a nightcap before bed. It's really, really private and no wind. Dead private, too. It's the most usable balcony we've ever had. I could just sit there and stare out to sea all day quite happily. You don't get a ton of sun which suited us fine because sometimes balconies aren't usable in port because they're so blazing hot.

And it was easy to keep the door open at night because you didn't get that whistling wind noise you get in some cabins.

You will love it!!!

Oh Koolforkatz, You just brought back some good memories. We were on the Golden Princss C752 two weeks ago, it's just the best cabin. We did exactly what you did.

I'm so ready to go again!

Dianne

Archived