Ruby Princess December 3-nt sailings....OV Obst. cabin price drop!

Ldyandrea

So, I'm booked on the December 17th sailing of the Ruby.....For the uninformed, this is the week where they originally had a wetdock scheduled, which was then cancelled (I can only guess because the ship is so darned new they realized they didn't really need one) and broken up into two 3-night sailings (12/14 and 12/17) going from FLL to Princess Cay and back again. Personally, I chose the one on the 17th (even though the prices are slightly higher than the 12/14 sailing) since it's Thurs-Sun and I will only have to take two days off of work. The 12/14 sailing is Mon-Thurs, which means 4 weekdays missed, FYI.

I had originally booked an inside cabin Cat II GTY cabin, and then noticed today there had been a price drop on the OV Obstructed category. The lowest inside cabins on these two sailings are now the same pricing as the lowest OV Obstructed cabins!

I called my TA, and she got me upgraded for the same money to a Cat G OV cabin! Woo hoo!

Anyhow, I can only guess that some of these haven't sold as quickly as they'd like yet.....or perhaps not enough people have heard of them. This is a great chance to do a Princess cruise for just a few nights out of FLL (rather than investing an entire week), for a VERY low fare, and add some more credits to your Captain's Circle status tally! :D

Archived