Need help picking second cruise!

VanessaC322

My DH and I cruised last March on the Paradise to Belize, Roatan, GC, and Cozumel and loved every second of it. We are now trying to pick a second cruise for early 2005 and are having a hard time.

We have it narrowed to...

1. Legend to Belize, Costa Rica, and Panama.

2. Destiny to St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, Aruba.

3. Legend to St. Maarten, Barbados, Martinique.

4. Valor to exact same ports as last year.

If anyone has been on these cruises or to these ports and has any advice, we would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Vanessa

Of the ones you just listed I would recommend the Legend. That eighth day seems to add a lot to the cruise. The ship itself is wonderful and you can probably get that cruise for about the same price as the others.

Have you considered an eastern itinerary? I highly recommend the Triumph - San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten. This has been my favorite so far. I have traveled this itinerary twice and really enjoyed both. Two sea days (you arrive in SJ around 5 pm), 3 ports, two more sea days - very relaxing.

I would recommend the eastern itinerary? I also would y recommend the Triumph - San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten.

In St. Thomas, take the ferry over to St. Johns and go snorkling! It's is WONDERFUL! I have taken 8 cruises, and St Johns is near the top of my list.

Joe Z

Hi Vanessa, We have been on the Destiny to Aruba and a few different ports then the one you listed. We loved Aruba, the Destiny was just ok. We didn't like flying in and out of San Juan.

I have also been on the Legend to St. Maarten, Barbados, Martinique. This was a nice cruise. We love the Legend as well as any of the Spirit class ships.

We are doing the Legend again in April of 05 going to Belize, Costa Rica, and Panama.

We really like the 8 day cruises. You get a little different dinner menu because of the extra day and usually the cost is the same as a seven day cruise.

I think you will like the Spirit class ship better then the Paradise. They are a lot bigger and only a few more people. The Paradise was our first Carnival ship as well. We liked it a lot, you will be surprised at how big the other ships are. Especially if you see them in port next to each other.

I'm sure overall you will enjoy any of them. Have fun and happy sailing, John

We did the LEGEND one year ago. We loved it. Belize was Cave tubing...Awesome! Costa Rica was Banana Plantation...Excellent And Panama was the Grand Tour to the Canal and Panama City. Wonderful.

Despite what you read on the boards Brett Alans the CD, is very good although I have nothing to compare him too.

The ship is GORGEOUS. Some more experienced travelers in our group agreed with this, but compared this Cruise with ones they had taken in the "golden age" of cruising.

Hope this helps. We are booked on the GLORY March 5 2005. Hope that Cruise is a wonderful as our LEGEND Cruise. Daan

I say you did the western..try the eastern route...then for the third do a different itinerary...then the fouth...go back to your favorite !!!! Any day cruising is a good day...no matter what port !!! I am still trying to make it to aruba...but going back to st thomas in january.

Guest Time2gocruzn

We are cruising Western this time, but I am already planning on an Eastern route next time. So I would say #3, or any othr Eastern route. GL

(and YES, I am planning my next, b4 I have even went on this one, lol)

Archived