Scooter Rental in Mykonos

We didn't rent scooters, but we did rent ATV's on Mykonos last summer. I don't think I really saw many, if any, people riding scooters. The ATV's were 18 E each for the day, because we rented 2. Two people can ride on one ATV. We had helmets, and it felt quite safe. Roads are real narrow, but we just always kept well to the right edge. Cars were pretty respectful about passing. I had never done it before, but it was quite fun, and it seemed pretty safe, and I enjoyed the day. We went all over the island, to the beaches, to see the windmills, and just riding around enjoying the island. Hope this helps with a little info ! Have fun on Mykonos ! :)

We didn't rent scooters, but we did rent ATV's on Mykonos last summer. I don't think I really saw many, if any, people riding scooters. The ATV's were 18 E each for the day, because we rented 2. Two people can ride on one ATV. We had helmets, and it felt quite safe. Roads are real narrow, but we just always kept well to the right edge. Cars were pretty respectful about passing. I had never done it before, but it was quite fun, and it seemed pretty safe, and I enjoyed the day. We went all over the island, to the beaches, to see the windmills, and just riding around enjoying the island. Hope this helps with a little info ! Have fun on Mykonos ! :)

Now that sounds fun! Are they for rent at the port and did you have to reserve?

Thanks,

John

I'm going in May and have arranged to rent ATV's through this site:

www.okmykonos.com

They said if I call them when the ship arrives in port they will come pick us up at the ship and bring us to their rental place in town so we don't have to walk and try and find them.

I requested an official reservation and they said it wouldn't be necessary - just to e mail them again right before we leave for our trip to remind them we're coming.

I'm going in May and have arranged to rent ATV's through this site:

www.okmykonos.com

They said if I call them when the ship arrives in port they will come pick us up at the ship and bring us to their rental place in town so we don't have to walk and try and find them.

I requested an official reservation and they said it wouldn't be necessary - just to e mail them again right before we leave for our trip to remind them we're coming.

Thanks Auntiejo!:D

We actually were staying at a hotel at Platos Gialos (spelling ? ) beach. We took the bus, I think for 1 E to the hotel. So, we rented ours there at the little convenience store, for a day, drove around the island sightseeing, and returned it there. I notice in the ad above, that their prices are quite a bit higher. That place, and maybe a couple of others were on the ring road that goes around Mykonos town. You walk through the vary picturesque town, kind of up the hill and end up on the ring road and you will see the rental places. If you are going to rent 2 ATV's, it might be worth it to take the bus to the hotel, and rent there as we got a deal for 18 E each for two ATV's. They are easy to drive and park. Just turn off, take key, and walk away. Everyone just parked them where ever. Caution- they are hard to turn around. So when you park, try to circle around, and point them out, so you don't have to back up when you want to leave. Also, you can not drive them in Mykonos town, but OK elsewhere - to windmills, beach, etc, and park right at each place. Hope this helps ! :)

I did not come in on a cruise, but by ferry, so I do not know if they are for rent near the port for the cruise ships. The only places I saw them for rent were on the ring road above Mykonos, and at the Platos Gialos beach convenience store, near our hotel. :)

This does sound like a blast! Great prices too!

SO... I was reading the rules and such. Where would you ride them from town? What would be a fun route? Do they give you a decent map to have with you?

Does anyone know where this office is located from where the tenders drop you off?

Thanks!

Archived