Nikkor lenses now available at Costco.com

They got the beast :D But the price is little different then what you can get from B&H or Adorama :mad:. I wonder if on lenses they offer unlimited return or if lenses are like cameras only 90 days.

Costco generally isn't much cheaper then the larger internet sales mentioned above unless they have a deal, and when they do its a worthwhile place to purchase. I'll have to keep watching to see if the beast every goes on promo. Between new and used on CLs still lusting after that one :D

Now how did you know I've been thinking about getting a new lens??:p

Currently.... using the 18-70 that came with the camera.... But would like

something for more close up ....but still be able to shoot around me with that

same lens on. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I'm not sure whether it's the 90-day return or unlimited return policy that applies to lenses. Might be a good question to ask a Costco rep on the phone.

Probably a good idea to monitor the site, as they run specials on Nikon cameras, etc., about every month or so.

I purchased my camera (Nikon D60) and one lens from Costco.com. Their customer service has been spectacular. For the camera, the price dropped by $50 twice during the 90-day period. I called them and they gave me an automatic credit for the difference both times.

Costco also provides an extra year's warranty and concierge service during the warranty coverage on all electronics.

As to which lens to purchase, I'm certainly no expert, as this is my first digital SLR (I bought it last summer). My D60 came with the kit (2 lenses - 18-50mm and the 50-200mm). Since I will be going on an Alaskan cruise, I wanted to get closer to the wildlife, so I bought the 70-300mm lens. As mentioned, I bought it on the Costco site - for around $550. Folks on this board said it was a good deal. It's received good reviews on all the photography sites. I've played around with it a little, and it does a great job.

Archived