Past Guest Party

toddsmom

I will be a past guest for the first time in July.

I am bringing somebody special with me on this cruise who will not be until it's over.

I will certainly attempt to bring him, but I would never go without him.

I think somebody who is a significant other/spouse/partner/whatever should certainly be allowed to attend with you.

I also agree, don't bring all of your friends, they didn't earn it.

My two pennies. :eek:

Dennis

Dennis,

What I think, what you think, what anyone thinks, does not change what is proper manners and what is not. The proper thing is for you to skip the party. That is good manners, everything else is not.

Look at it this way. What would be your first time cruiser spouse, friend, SO, whatever's answer to a question posed this way. "Do you want to go to a party that you have specifically NOT been invited to attend?"

Dan

i don't think it is rude for me to get invited and to bring my wife with me end of discussion

toddsmom...it was a fair question don't be worried about people being rude in forums

Um, this is not "your" board, you do not get to end the dicussion.

BTW, your wrong, your wife has to be a Past Guest .

i don't think it is rude for me to get invited and to bring my wife with me end of discussion

toddsmom...it was a fair question don't be worried about people being rude in forums

Fair question and got a fair answer. Maybe not the answer you are Donna wanted to hear, but a fair answer. Enjoy the party.:rolleyes:

Peace

Bring her. I brought my boyfriend this month when I went (my two kids did not go).....there are the folks on here that will try to make you feel like crap for bringing someone; but don't. There have been several threads on here that even state that a Carnival rep said to bring the guest.

Going on the Conquest in November. My sister will be going with me, This is her 1st Cruise, and my 2nd. Am I allowed to take her to the Past Guest Party as my Guest. I would feel bad going without her. Thanks in advance. Donna:)

But your somebody special has earned it? :rolleyes:

I'm not going to get into the games played in these threads all too often and bicker about it.

MY OPINION is that you don't invite half a couple to ANYTHING without expecting the other half to come.

It's my opinion and I'm just as entitled to it as the rest of you are to yours.

Please, feel free to call me rude or whatever. I think it's intolerably rude to invite somebody to a function and not expect them to bring their significant other.

But you know what they say about opinions . . . . .

Dennis,

What I think, what you think, what anyone thinks, does not change what is proper manners and what is not. The proper thing is for you to skip the party. That is good manners, everything else is not.

Look at it this way. What would be your first time cruiser spouse, friend, SO, whatever's answer to a question posed this way. "Do you want to go to a party that you have specifically NOT been invited to attend?"

Dan

See my last post.

And one last thing, while I'm sufficiently pi$$ed off.

If the rest of you holier than thou people could simply offer your advice or opinion to the OP and not spend so much time insulting the posts of other people who replied, this board would be a much nicer place.

:eek:

I'm not going to get into the games played in these threads all too often and bicker about it.

MY OPINION is that you don't invite half a couple to ANYTHING without expecting the other half to come.

It's my opinion and I'm just as entitled to it as the rest of you are to yours.

Please, feel free to call me rude or whatever. I think it's intolerably rude to invite somebody to a function and not expect them to bring their significant other.

But you know what they say about opinions . . . . .

This has nothing to do with having an opinion, it has to do with the fact that you will be invited to a Past Guest party for a reason, you are a Past Guest.

I just do not see how this is so hard to understand. It is not about couples, it is not about anything but being a Past Guest. On your next cruise, she will be invited too.

This is such a b.s. banter.. it comes up every third day of the week.

I really wish they would stop calling it Past Guest.. you are not a guest, this is not someones wedding, you are a customer, a client, you are paying.. you make them their bread and butter..

if you want to bring your wife, husband significat other go ahead- you are not being rude.. you are a CUSTOMER.. this is not your cousins wedding where you didnt receive "and guest"....

Just tip well and enjoy

No one is going to question it...YOU ARE THE CUSTOMER...

This is not some exclusive country club...

:rolleyes:

I have spoken in the past to Carnival specifically about this and they said to bring the guest. How many weddings have you been invited to that just say your name and not "and guest"?? For me, none that I can recall. This whole topic has really gotten ridiculous.......I have been on eight Carnival cruises and I go to enjoy myself, I certainly don't worry about 1st time cruisers coming with a past guest. Really people.

This has nothing to do with having an opinion, it has to do with the fact that you will be invited to a Past Guest party for a reason, you are a Past Guest.

I just do not see how this is so hard to understand. It is not about couples, it is not about anything but being a Past Guest. On your next cruise, she will be invited too.

Okay-- I totally agree with the Past Guest Party only being for past guests. BUT please do not bash the OP for asking the original question.

OP, you're not the first to ask a question like this. Most past guests, especially those who have cruised several times, feel that the party is only for those who have cruised before. If Carnival starts making exceptions for some, it won't be long before there will be no more Past Guest Parties, it will be too much of a problem and Carnival will do away with them. Personally, I like them, and hope people do not abuse the party by taking newbies with them.

And one last thing, while I'm sufficiently pi$$ed off.

If the rest of you holier than thou people could simply offer your advice or opinion to the OP and not spend so much time insulting the posts of other people who replied, this board would be a much nicer place.

:eek:

I don't see why you're so upset - I can't see how anyone insulted you.

You open yourself up for response when you post a message and offer your opinion. That's just the way it is.

I guarantee you there are enough specifically people who aren't willing to sit through another SeaMiles presentation and pep rally about the Carnival fleet for a few fruity drinks. In fact, I'd be willing to bet a ship on a stick that the number of no-shows exceeds the number of tag-alongs.

I really wish they would stop calling it Past Guest.. you are not a guest, this is not someones wedding, you are a customer, a client, you are paying.. you make them their bread and butter..

Darn, and I was always trying to sit on the bride's side of the aisle. ;):D:D

I don't see why you're so upset - I can't see how anyone insulted you.

You open yourself up for response when you post a message and offer your opinion. That's just the way it is.

Responses are fine, and I don't feel insulted.

Frustrated is more like it.

If you have a snippet from a rule book, or a policy statement, fine. Otherwise what you post here is either something you heard from another cruiser, or your opinion.

That being the case, simply post your opinion and be done with it, why go out of your way to tell other people their opinions are rude or stupid or wrong.

Do you really think new people here want to look at all this garbage? No, they wanna ask a question and get some civilized answers.

Those answers don't have to agree, that's for the OP to figure out.

Again, this is all just my opinion. But I know I hate reading threads where three quarters of it are the responders fighting about something silly.

Dennis

This is such a b.s. banter.. it comes up every third day of the week.

if you want to bring your wife, husband significat other go ahead- you are not being rude.. you are a CUSTOMER.. this is not your cousins wedding where you didnt receive "and guest"....

Just tip well and enjoy

No one is going to question it...YOU ARE THE CUSTOMER...

This is not some exclusive country club...

Toni,

Yes, a customer, but also a guest. One of the definitions of guest is patron or customer.

Plus the past guest party is a free event, therefore past guests are exactly that at their party. Non invited people are party crashers. Nothing else.

When ALL of us think ALL the rules apply to EVERYONE except us, we have chaos. Read the paper, watch the TV, look out your door,---CHAOS!

Carnival will not say no to an uninvited person. But they DO know what happens thru the experience of hundreds of thousands of cruises. If they WANTED us to bring a guest, the invite would say, "AND GUEST." IT DOES NOT! ALL of us are of sufficient intelligence to understand EXACTLY what that means. Or should.

Dan

Bring her. I brought my boyfriend this month when I went (my two kids did not go).....there are the folks on here that will try to make you feel like crap for bringing someone; but don't. There have been several threads on here that even state that a Carnival rep said to bring the guest.

Personally, I don't care one way or the other as usually we don't attend the PG party. But, one person posted that she/he was told that a guest could attend with the past guest and posted the same on many posts. I posted that my niece was told no one could attend that was not a past guest.

To me, it seems people go by the answer they want. If they want to have a non past guest attend, then it's Carnival said it's ok. If they don't want to have someone take another who is not entitled to be ther, then it's Carnival said I can't take anyone.

Good manners dictates you don't take anyone that didn't get invited. Call Carnival until you get the answer you want. Many people do that.

Toni,

Yes, a customer, but also a guest. One of the definitions of guest is patron or customer.

Plus the past guest party is a free event, therefore past guests are exactly that at their party. Non invited people are party crashers. Nothing else.

When ALL of us think ALL the rules apply to EVERYONE except us, we have chaos. Read the paper, watch the TV, look out your door,---CHAOS!

Carnival will not say no to an uninvited person. But they DO know what happens thru the experience of hundreds of thousands of cruises. If they WANTED us to bring a guest, the invite would say, "AND GUEST." IT DOES NOT! ALL of us are of sufficient intelligence to understand EXACTLY what that means. Or should.

Dan

Dan

You know I love ya.. But this is just a cheesy cocktail party, not the chaos of the current world.. lol

Party Crasher? I disagree.. merely, not my choice of terminology, the "guest of a guest"..

Anyone want my past guest invite - i will be more than happy to give it to you!! :)

I just got back from the Ecstasy. It was my 2nd cruise and my mom's first cruise (it was just the two of us). They sent me 2 invitiations...one for me and one for a guest. So, she went with me.

If it is just the 2 of you going...and Carnival doesn't mind, I say taker her and have fun. :)

Archived