Comprehensive Liquor/Wine/Non-alcoholic Beverage Alternative Summary

maggiecatenjay

Hi, I've read hundreds of posts and exhaustively searched the INTERNET and even got NCL to answer a question for me in order to get this set of facts straight for my group. Can any of you veterans tell me if I got anything wrong or even if something reads as definite when it is not?

I appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Clare

NCL Beverage Alternatives

Alcoholic / Non-alcoholic

• You may bring water, soda and juices aboard at embarkation to consume in your cabin (don't walk around w/can)

• Juice, milk and coffee - available mornings. Tea, water, and coffee - lunch and dinner. OJ all day (room service).

• You can purchase, on board a 'soda card' for about $7 per day.

ORDER FROM THE BAR... WHENEVER

• BEER IN HELMET BUCKETS. 6 beers for the price of 5. Imported $22.50, Domestic $19.75**
  • Specialty Drinks Of The Day: $7.95 W/ NCL Glass/mug: Smoothie $8.95, Coffee $11.50 Martini $9.75**
  • Standard drinks and glass of house wine start at about $5.25**

(Click here for '08 NCL Sky drink prices)

• **Plus 15% gratuity

WARNING: It is very easy to sign that little slip over and over. Sit down before reading the final tally on the last day.

BRING WINE (LEGALLY) ABOARD: (anecdotal – I've never done this) (Click Unofficial NCL Wine List /Pricing):

• Pay a $15 'corkage fee per bottle when you embark. Many people do this.

• It seems that the 'corkage fee' may increases for large bottles and boxed wine.

• Some folks pack the wine in their luggage and it goes undetected through the x-ray and they do not pay the $15.

• Some folks try various methods... taking 'bag' of wine out of the box, packing in/near other 'solid things', packing it on the 'bottom' of the suitcase, etc. to avoid detection and are sometimes successful.

• If NCL suspects 'contraband' alcohol... (See “Naughty Room' below)

BRING LIQUOR ABOARD: (anecdotal – I have never done this) :

• This is expressly and contractually against NCL's rules. Many people try, however to varying degrees of success.

• The preferred methods are:

• Rumrunners , www.ems.com: plastic, flexible, camping-type water containers with spouts.

• Filling water/soda/juice contains with liquor and carrying it on your person.

NAUGHTY ROOM” (anecdotal – I haven't been there yet!)

• If the

x-ray personnel suspect your luggage contains 'contraband' alcohol you may be notified by a note in your stateroom to claim your luggage after you inspect it along with NCL in the 'naughty room' – a conference room designated temporarily for this purpose.

• If NCL finds alcohol you can choose to pay the 'corkage fee' for wine - no corkage for liquor - or have it tagged.

• If alcohol is 'confiscated' by NCL they will tag it and you can collect it at the end of the cruise (time consuming?)

• The 'naughty room' may be a time consuming process if you go when the announcement is made. I understand, however that you may delay and go to the 'desk' later and they will inspect your luggage with you at that time.

GROUP BEVERAGE PACKAGE (click)(arrange through travel agent or NCL?):

• Because of the way we booked i.e. via various travel agents I am not sure we are eligible for this program:

• We do not have to purchase seven days... we can purchase four or five or even three days.

• Every person in the group must purchase: Freestylers – all drinks, all bars (house wine) $46 pp/day

NCL STATEROOM BAR SET-UP

• An NCL bar set-up is a pre-cruise, in-cabin liquor delivery service provided by NCL.

• 866.234.7350 during weekday business hours , ask for Angela Merino, “Spirit Group Events Coordinator”

• Or e-mail (for the NCL Spirit) Angela Merino at groupeventspirit@ncl.com – one 's'

• The transaction must be complete at LEAST one week before sailing so it is best to call a few weeks before.

• Order and pay with credit/debit card for the bottle(s) you want to be in your cabin before you arrive on board.

• There is a $3 delivery fee for each bottle.

• Note: NCL provides glasses and ice (refilled by your cabin steward the entire cruise) but no mixers.

• The set-up must be ordered pre-cruise – you may not request this service once on-board.

• Prices/ bottle (see below) (I verified Beefeater price w/NCL 3/31/09) are about double that of local package stores.

I did not include the three lists from "Hypothetical Rum Runner Question" but you can see them in this pdf:

http://attachments.wetpaintserv.us/IDOMkv2eo02gMosogSBhdg%3D%3D158522

I look forward to any constructive feedback. Thanks again.

coffee at $11.50???? When I was on the Jewel in October, regular coffee was free --as was iced tea, and glasses of water -- at the bars...so I'm confused??

I believe regular coffee is free at the buffet, restaurants, etc. What I think this means is coffee at the Java Cafe. Someone please confirm.

I copied those prices from a 'dailey' from www.zydecocruiser.com's site from his December 21, 2008 NCL Spirit cruise - Mexico...

The whole blurb is:

Bar Promtions

Drink of the Day: Tropical Itch $7.95 served in an NCL glass for you to keep.

Fruit Smoothie: Dirty Banana $8.95 with alcohol; non-alcoholic only $5.95.

Coffee of the Day: Jamaican Coffee" Non-Alcoholic $9.00 & with Alcohol 11.50 in a souvenir thermal mug.

today's Martini: Pear Pleasure $9.75 in an 8oz martini glass.

There were different specialty drinks on different days... another day was Irish Coffee - same price (how do you make an alcohol free Irish Coffee??!!)

I'm sorry it was confusing... I edited for space - I will clarify.

My first cruise I bought a bunch of those silly glasses and after they got quite dusty in the back of my cabinet I put them out at a yard sale. I ended up throwing them out LOL.

Clare

Wow.. Quite the information you got going there. Good job.

The helmut beer price for domestic is the $22.50 plus $3.38 gratuity. So that comes to $25.88 total. I'm not sure what imports cost. This was 2008 pricing.

You may want to add that the martini's are on the specialty menu. You can certainly get a lower shelf martini for less.

According to 2008 Dailies, the coffee of the day was listed as $5.75.

It also seems they list a daily "Poolside Drink" and those ran around $9.

You're probably safe with just listing the drink of the day, and leaving it at that. LOL But I thought you'd want to know the details.

It'd be a good idea to call NCL and see what they say about the group beverage program. The page they have online is a bit vague. I guess talking to the group event coordinator would be my first guess. Is this where you got your information: http://www.ncl.com/csimages/299/431/BeveragePackage.pdf

NCL really prefers at least 2 week advance notice for bar setup requests AND the Bon Voyage Gifts requests, like the Anniversary/Honeymoon (Romance) Package(s).

You could say the bar setup prices range between $63 - $103 depending on the liquor. I can email you the attachment if you want. For some reason, it states it's too big to attach here.

Awinkler: Can u send me the attachment my email is mausam77 at gmail dot com.

I sent an email to Ncl regarding bar setup for our cruise on May 2 have not heard anything yet, hopefully they will reply back.

Did you send it to your ship coordinator? Say you're on Majesty. You'd send a request to GroupEventMajesty@ncl.com. Put your cruise date in the subject line along with "bar setup."

I'd be happy to email you that. It's my own word document, but it's accurate. Actually, I'll also post it here for anyone that wants it too.

BOURBON/WHISKEY:

Seagram’s 7 Crown $63.00

Jack Daniel’s Black $83.00

Crown Royal Special Reserve $103.00

COGNAC

Courvoisier VS $63.00

Remy Martin V.S.O.P. $ 83.00

GIN

Bombay Sapphire $83.00

Beefeater $63.00

LIQUEURS

Brogan Irish Cream $ 63.00

Southern Comfort $63.00

Di Saronno Amaretto $83.00

Godiva Chocolate $83.00

Grand Mariner $83.00

Kahlua $83.00

Pama $83.00

RUM

Bacardi Superior $63.00

Captain Morgan $63.00

SCOTCH WHISKEY

Cutty Sark $63.00

Glenfiddich $83.00

Chivas Regal $83.00

TEQUILA

Cuervo Gold $63.00

1800 Reposado $83.00

Sauza Tres Generations $103.00

VODKA

Smirnoff 80 $63.00

Absolut $83.00

Absolut Citron $83.00

Absolut Kurant $83.00

Absolut Peper $83.00

Absolut Mandarin $83.00

Absolut Apeach $83.00

Absolut Ruby Red $83.00

Grey Goose $103.00

Grey Goose L’Orange $103.00

Grey Goose La Vanille $103.00

Grey Goose La Poire $103.00

I copied those prices from a 'dailey' from www.zydecocruiser.com's site from his December 21, 2008 NCL Spirit cruise - Mexico...

The whole blurb is:

Bar Promtions

Drink of the Day: Tropical Itch $7.95 served in an NCL glass for you to keep.

Fruit Smoothie: Dirty Banana $8.95 with alcohol; non-alcoholic only $5.95.

Coffee of the Day: Jamaican Coffee" Non-Alcoholic $9.00 & with Alcohol 11.50 in a souvenir thermal mug.

today's Martini: Pear Pleasure $9.75 in an 8oz martini glass.

There were different specialty drinks on different days... another day was Irish Coffee - same price (how do you make an alcohol free Irish Coffee??!!)

I'm sorry it was confusing... I edited for space - I will clarify.

My first cruise I bought a bunch of those silly glasses and after they got quite dusty in the back of my cabinet I put them out at a yard sale. I ended up throwing them out LOL.

Clare

You can get the non-alcoholic flavored coffees in a regular mug for $3.50. Or refill your "souvenier mug" for the $3.50.

Excellent info!!! Just off the Pearl and sorting through the Bar receipts and you can get a Beer helmut of 16oz Bud lite for $22.50 + 15% = $25.88 (as previously mentioned) or a helmut of 16oz. Miller lite (plastic bottles) for $19.75 + 15% = $22.71!!

Cheers!

Say I want to purchase the Jose Cuervo ahead and have it in my suite. How do I bring the non-alcoholic margarita mixer on board? Do I slap a luggage tag on it like sodas or just put it into my carry on and make sure they notice that it is sealed and is non-alcoholic? We are first-time cruisers and love the excellent advice that comes from this website!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT. I'M TYPING IN CAPS TO DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN YOUR COMMENTS AND MINE. ITALICS IS TEXT IN THE SOON TO BE AMENDED (WITH YOUR COMMENTS) DRAFT (I WISH I'D PUT 'D R A F T' ON IT) DOCUMENT. RED IS MY QUESTIONS (WILL IT EVER END? LOKL

I PLAN TO INCORPORATE YOUR COMMENTS AND ANY OTHERS I GET (UNTIL THE THREAD DIES OUT) AND RE-POST A DEFINITIVELY CORRECT DOCUMENT (YEA!) IN A WEEK OR SO.

I'M VERY GRATEFUL THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO DISSEMINATE GOOD INFO TO MY GROUP. THANKS CC!

uppitycats; coffee at $11.50???? When I was on the Jewel in October, regular coffee was free --as was iced tea, and glasses of water -- at the bars...so I'm confused?? I HAD ICED TEA FREE ALL DAY BUT DIDN'T HAVE CONFIRMATION (I FEEL A BIT LIKE WOODWARD AND BERSTEIN COMPILING THIS INFO LOL). I WILL ADD. THANKS

mickeysgal; I believe regular coffee is free at the buffet, restaurants, etc. What I think this means is coffee at the Java Cafe. Someone please confirm. ICED TEA IS FREE ALL DAY. OKIE DOKIE. ANYTHING ELSE FREE ALL DAY LOL (I LOVED THE POST ABOUT FREE STUFF ON NCL)?

IS THIS CORRECT?

FREE: ice, milk and coffee - available mornings. Tea, water, and coffee - lunch and dinner. ALL DAY: OJ (room service), ICED TEA, WATER.

SnootieTootie;Someone has posted NCL bar menu's here: http://74.6.239.67/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&p=ncl+bar+menu&fr=slv8-mdp&u=travel.webshots.com/album/551727753OZZOHa%3Fstart%3D12&w=ncl+bar+menu+menus&d=UKImzJ2uShyn&icp=1&.intl=us

I HAD ISSUES OPENING THIS LINK. THIS IS AN EXCELLENT LINK THOUGH MAYBE A BIT OUT OF DATE: Standard drinks and glass of house wine start at about $5.25** (Click here for '08 NCL Sky drink prices)

IF ANYBODY KNOWS OF A CURRENT BAR MENU WITH AN EASY LINK - THAT WOULD BE GREAT!

AWinkleR; The helmet beer price for domestic is the $22.50 plus $3.38 gratuity I'm not sure what imports cost. This was 2008 pricing. BEER IN HELMET BUCKETS. 6 beers for the price of 5. Imported $22.50, Domestic $19.75** THANKS. I WILL FIX. CAN ANYBODY HELP WITH THE IMPORTED BEER HELMUT COSTS? ON MOST ITEMS A SMALL DIFFERENCE IS OKIE DOKIE BUT I THING OOOOOODLES OF PEOPLE ORDER THOSE BEAUTIFUL AND STYLISH HELMETS... You're probably safe with just listing the drink of the day, and leaving it at that. LOL But I thought you'd want to know the details. I APPRECIATE THE DETAILS... THANKS. I PUT THE LINK TO THE BAR MENU FOR FOLKS TO LOOK UP THEIR PREFERRED BEVERAGE.

NCL really prefers at least 2 week advance notice for bar setup requests AND the Bon Voyage Gifts requests, like the Anniversary/Honeymoon (Romance) Package(s). I HAD BOTH ONE AND TWO WEEKS NOTED IN MY NOTES HENCE The transaction must be complete at LEAST one week before sailing so it is best to call a few weeks before. BUT I WILL BE A BIT MORE FORCEFUL... THANKS.

You could say the bar setup prices range between $63 - $103 depending on the liquor. I can email you the attachment if you want. For some reason, it states it's too big to attach here. IF WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IS DIFFERENT THAT THE LIQUOR PRICING LIST IN YOUR POST (WHICH, BTW I USED IN MY COMPILING... SO THANKS) PLEASE E-MAIL IT TO ME... I'D REALLY APPRECIATE IT. I'VE BECOME AN NCL INFO JUNKIE LOL - DON'T NEED METHADONE THOUGH - A WEEK ON THE HIGH SEAS WILL CURE ME FOR SURE: MAGGIECATENJAY@GMAIL.COM.

dtracker; Very good summary, maggiecatenjay. (THANKS!) I was wondering if you happened to find out what they will sub in the anniversary package for the alcohol, if anything? Thanks. I, UNFORTUNATELY HAVE NO IDEA. IF NCL WON'T TALK TO YOU BECAUSE YOU USED A TA CALL AND PRETEND YOU DON'T HAVE A RESERVATION BUT NEED TO KNOW... THIS HAS WORKED FOR ME A NUMBER OF TIMES. MAYBE EVEN YOU COULD PRETEND TO BE SOMEBODY WANTING TO SURPRISE (YOURSELF LOL!) WITH THE ANNIVERSARY PACKAGE. A SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS WHEN YOU WANT TO SPEND MONEY AND CAN'T GET THE INFO YOU NEED...

uppitycats; You can get the non-alcoholic flavored coffees in a regular mug for $3.50. Or refill your "souvenir mug" for the $3.50. THANKS FOR THE INFO... I'D PUT COFFEE INFO BUT I THINK IT GOES WITHOUT SAYING THAT VARIOUS COFFEES ARE AVAILABLE... IF NOT I THINK THERE MIGHT BE SOME RIOTING STARBUCKS FANS THROWING EACH OTHER OVERBOARD LOL! I'M REALLY TRYING TO KEEP THIS TO ONE PAGE...

FredTracie; Excellent info!!! (THANKS!) Just off the Pearl and sorting through the Bar receipts and you can get a Beer helmet of 16oz Bud lite for $22.50 + 15% = $25.88 (as previously mentioned) or a helmet of 16oz. Miller lite (plastic bottles) for $19.75 + 15% = $22.71!! I'LL AMEND MY BEER LINE ACCORDINGLY. ON MY LAST CRUISE THE WAITER THOUGHT MY NAME WAS 'COORS LIGHT.' SAD BUT (KINDA) TRUE. THE HELMETS MAKE A BEAUTIFUL FASHION ACCESSORY.

realcindylouwho; Say I want to purchase the Jose Cuervo ahead and have it in my suite. How do I bring the non-alcoholic margarita mixer on board? Do I slap a luggage tag on it like sodas or just put it into my carry on and make sure they notice that it is sealed and is non-alcoholic? We are first-time cruisers and love the excellent advice that comes from this website! I'VE NEVER DONE THIS MYSELF BUT I PLAN TO. I READ ONE POSTER WHO BROUGHT VARIOUS NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, KNEW HER LUGGAGE WOULD BE 'FLAGGED' BUT DIDN'T WANT TO GO TO THE NAUGHTY ROOM. (S)HE PUT A NOTE ON THAT PIECE OF LUGGAGE SAYING SOMETHING LIKE: "NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES. FEEL FEE TO OPEN THIS BAG TO CHECK." HER/HIS LUGGAGE WAS DELIVERED TO HER ROOM - NO PROBLEMO. THIS IS MY PLAN. IF FORGOT TO PUT THIS IN MY DOC BUT WILL SQUEEZE IT IN SOMEPLACE.

THANKS TO ALL!

IF ANYBODY ELSE SEES SOMETHING THAT ISN'T RIGHT OR CURRENT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LET ME KNOW.

I'M DOING SOMETHING SIMILAR WITH THE 'OOPS I FORGOT TO PACK' THREAD FOR MY COMPREHENSIVE PACKING LIST... MY CUT AND PASTE BUTTONS ARE WORKING OVERTIME LOL!

BETWEEN THESE AND GARYCARLA'S 'WHAT I CAN TELL YOU AFTER 5,000 POSTINGS' SUMMARY FOR NEWBIES MAYBE SOME OF THE SAME QUESTIONS WON'T POP UP TIME AFTER TIME (!?!)

CLARE:D

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT. I'M TYPING IN CAPS TO DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN YOUR COMMENTS AND MINE. ITALICS IS TEXT IN THE SOON TO BE AMENDED (WITH YOUR COMMENTS) DRAFT (I WISH I'D PUT 'D R A F T' ON IT) DOCUMENT. RED IS MY QUESTIONS (WILL IT EVER END? LOKL

I PLAN TO INCORPORATE YOUR COMMENTS AND ANY OTHERS I GET (UNTIL THE THREAD DIES OUT) AND RE-POST A DEFINITIVELY CORRECT DOC (YEA!) IN A WEEK OR SO.

I'M VERY GRATEFUL THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO DISSEMINATE GOOD INFO TO MY GROUP. THANKS CC!

uppitycats; coffee at $11.50???? When I was on the Jewel in October, regular coffee was free --as was iced tea, and glasses of water -- at the bars...so I'm confused?? I HAD ICED TEA FREE ALL DAY BUT DIDN'T HAVE CONFIRMATION (I FEEL A BIT LIKE WOODWARD AND BERSTEIN COMPILING THIS INFO LOL). I WILL ADD. THANKS

mickeysgal; I believe regular coffee is free at the buffet, restaurants, etc. What I think this means is coffee at the Java Cafe. Someone please confirm. ICED TEA IS FREE ALL DAY. OKIE DOKIE. ANYTHING ELSE FREE ALL DAY LOL (I LOVED THE POST ABOUT FREE STUFF ON NCL)?

IS THIS CORRECT?

FREE: ice, milk and coffee - available mornings. Tea, water, and coffee - lunch and dinner. ALL DAY: OJ (room service), ICED TEA, WATER.

SnootieTootie;Someone has posted NCL bar menu's here: http://74.6.239.67/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&p=ncl+bar+menu&fr=slv8-mdp&u=travel.webshots.com/album/551727753OZZOHa%3Fstart%3D12&w=ncl+bar+menu+menus&d=UKImzJ2uShyn&icp=1&.intl=us I HAD ISSUES OPENING THIS LINK. THIS IS AN EXCELLENT LINK THOUGH MAYBE A BIT OUT OF DATE: Standard drinks and glass of house wine start at about $5.25** (Click here for '08 NCL Sky drink prices)

IF ANYBODY KNOWS OF A CURRENT BAR MENU WITH AN EASY LINK - THAT WOULD BE GREAT!

AWinkleR; The helmet beer price for domestic is the $22.50 plus $3.38 gratuity I'm not sure what imports cost. This was 2008 pricing. BEER IN HELMET BUCKETS. 6 beers for the price of 5. Imported $22.50, Domestic $19.75**

THANKS. I WILL FIX. CAN ANYBODY HELP WITH THE IMPORTED BEER HELMUT COSTS?

ON MOST ITEMS A SMALL DIFFERENCE IS OKIE DOKIE BUT I THING OOOOOODLES OF PEOPLE ORDER THOSE BEAUTIFUL AND STYLISH HELMETS... You're probably safe with just listing the drink of the day, and leaving it at that. LOL But I thought you'd want to know the details. I APPRECIATE THE DETAILS... THANKS. I PUT THE LINK TO THE BAR MENU FOR FOLKS TO LOOK UP THEIR PREFERRED BEVERAGE.

NCL really prefers at least 2 week advance notice for bar setup requests AND the Bon Voyage Gifts requests, like the Anniversary/Honeymoon (Romance) Package(s). I HAD BOTH ONE AND TWO WEEKS NOTED IN MY NOTES HENCE The transaction must be complete at LEAST one week before sailing so it is best to call a few weeks before. BUT I WILL BE A BIT MORE FORCEFUL... THANKS.

You could say the bar setup prices range between $63 - $103 depending on the liquor. I can email you the attachment if you want. For some reason, it states it's too big to attach here. IF WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IS DIFFERENT THAT THE LIQUOR PRICING LIST IN YOUR POST (WHICH, BTW I USED IN MY COMPILING... SO THANKS) PLEASE E-MAIL IT TO ME... I'D REALLY APPRECIATE IT. I'VE BECOME AN NCL INFO JUNKIE LOL - DON'T NEED METHADONE THOUGH - A WEEK ON THE HIGH SEAS WILL CURE ME FOR SURE: MAGGIECATENJAY@GMAIL.COM.

dtracker; Very good summary, maggiecatenjay. (THANKS!) I was wondering if you happened to find out what they will sub in the anniversary package for the alcohol, if anything? Thanks. I, UNFORTUNATELY HAVE NO IDEA. IF NCL WON'T TALK TO YOU BECAUSE YOU USED A TA CALL AND PRETEND YOU DON'T HAVE A RESERVATION BUT NEED TO KNOW... THIS HAS WORKED FOR ME A NUMBER OF TIMES. MAYBE EVEN YOU COULD PRETEND TO BE SOMEBODY WANTING TO SURPRISE (YOURSELF LOL!) WITH THE ANNIVERSARY PACKAGE. A SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS WHEN YOU WANT TO SPEND MONEY AND CAN'T GET THE INFO YOU NEED...

uppitycats; You can get the non-alcoholic flavored coffees in a regular mug for $3.50. Or refill your "souvenir mug" for the $3.50. THANKS FOR THE INFO... I'D PUT COFFEE INFO BUT I THINK IT GOES WITHOUT SAYING THAT VARIOUS COFFEES ARE AVAILABLE... IF NOT I THINK THERE MIGHT BE SOME RIOTING STARBUCKS FANS THROWING EACH OTHER OVERBOARD LOL! I'M REALLY TRYING TO KEEP THIS TO ONE PAGE...

FredTracie; Excellent info!!! (THANKS!) Just off the Pearl and sorting through the Bar receipts and you can get a Beer helmet of 16oz Bud lite for $22.50 + 15% = $25.88 (as previously mentioned) or a helmet of 16oz. Miller lite (plastic bottles) for $19.75 + 15% = $22.71!! I'LL AMEND MY BEER LINE ACCORDINGLY. ON MY LAST CRUISE THE WAITER THOUGHT MY NAME WAS 'COORS LIGHT.' SAD BUT (KINDA) TRUE. THE HELMETS MAKE A BEAUTIFUL FASHION ACCESSORY.

realcindylouwho; Say I want to purchase the Jose Cuervo ahead and have it in my suite. How do I bring the non-alcoholic margarita mixer on board? Do I slap a luggage tag on it like sodas or just put it into my carry on and make sure they notice that it is sealed and is non-alcoholic? We are first-time cruisers and love the excellent advice that comes from this website! I'VE NEVER DONE THIS MYSELF BUT I PLAN TO. I READ ONE POSTER WHO BROUGHT VARIOUS NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, KNEW HER LUGGAGE WOULD BE 'FLAGGED' BUT DIDN'T WANT TO GO TO THE NAUGHTY ROOM. (S)HE PUT A NOTE ON THAT PIECE OF LUGGAGE SAYING SOMETHING LIKE: "NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES. FEEL FEE TO OPEN THIS BAG TO CHECK." HER/HIS LUGGAGE WAS DELIVERED TO HER ROOM - NO PROBLEMO. THIS IS MY PLAN. IF FORGOT TO PUT THIS IN MY DOC BUT WILL SQUEEZE IT IN SOMEPLACE.

THANKS TO ALL!

IF ANYBODY ELSE SEES SOMETHING THAT ISN'T RIGHT OR CURRENT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LET ME KNOW.

I'M DOING SOMETHING SIMILAR WITH THE 'OOPS I FORGOT TO PACK' THREAD FOR MY COMPREHENSIVE PACKING LIST... MY CUT AND PASTE BUTTONS ARE WORKING OVERTIME LOL!

BETWEEN THESE AND GARYCARLA'S 'WHAT I CAN TELL YOU AFTER 5,000 POSTINGS' SUMMARY THOSE DARN :rolleyes: NEWBIES MAYBE SOME OF THE SAME QUESTIONS WON'T POP UP TIME AFTER TIME (!?!)

CLARE:D:D:D:D:D

Well, I have to say, this covers prety much any alcohol related question ever asked.......Until a new thread starts in a day or so!:D

Thansk for all the info. Good Stuff!

Sandy

Thank you for the reply about how to bring these on board. My plan is to have a small insulated carry-on sized bag with the mixers inside and a LARGE tag stating what it is. I better not have to go to the naughty room or I'll throw a princess tantrum!

I think the key to avoiding the naughty room may be (remember I've never done it) is the "GO AHEAD - MAKE MY DAY - OPEN THIS BAG - YOU HAVE MY EXPRESS PERMISSION" or the like plainly visible on the outside of bag. While typing, though I'm wondering if they don't open it without you there for theft liability - maybe a blurb about the fact that there is nothing of 'value' inside, as well might be worth it (if it is true LOL).

Though the 'naughty room isn't aways horrific - I looked for but couldn't find a wicked funny post about one fellow who slipped a joke pair of handcuffs to the NCL inspector asking him to razz his buddy - which he did and the story was so funny it must have been an hysterical interlude!

Just a thought.

Clare

I think the key to avoiding the naughty room may be (remember I've never done it) is the "GO AHEAD - MAKE MY DAY - OPEN THIS BAG - YOU HAVE MY EXPRESS PERMISSION" or the like plainly visible on the outside of bag. While typing, though I'm wondering if they don't open it without you there for theft liability - maybe a blurb about the fact that there is nothing of 'value' inside, as well might be worth it (if it is true LOL).

Though the 'naughty room isn't aways horrific - I looked for but couldn't find a wicked funny post about one fellow who slipped a joke pair of handcuffs to the NCL inspector asking him to razz his buddy - which he did and the story was so funny it must have been an hysterical interlude!

Just a thought.

Clare

No. NCL will not open a bag without the passanger present (I think you are correct about the liability issue) thus the request to report to the naughty room. It will make no differnce whatsoever if you leave a note on the bag or not they will not open the bag.

Well, I have to say, this covers prety much any alcohol related question ever asked.......Until a new thread starts in a day or so!:D

Thansk for all the info. Good Stuff!

Sandy

LOL, Sandy.. You're right.. It's just a matter of time.. :D

Archived