My report on Motion Eaze for seasickness

Grits53

Sounds interesting.

Still, I started taking Ginger Root capsules before my December 2007 cruise and, for the first time ever, had absolutely NO problems with nausea. Thought maybe it was just smooth sailing (but we had 9-10' swells the last sea day).

Used it again the next May. I couldn't even tell we were moving. Tablemates complained about all the rocking one night and I never even knew we had hit a storm!

So far, so good.

Last December, 5 days out of Jacksonville, projected 12-14' seas, again had no problems, even though they had the barf bags prominently displayed throughout the ship.

I still will take 1/2 Bonine at night if the water is really, really rough. But I'm convinced the Ginger has cured me. I have an all-the-way-forward cabin next month, so we'll see. I think that will be the true test.

I may get some Motion Eaze just to have on hand.

Thanks for the info.

I will vouch for the effectiveness of Motion Eaze. We found it in a Wal-mart nearby. I also read it can be found at Bass Pro Shops.

My DH and I married on the Paradise in 2000. He was sick EVERY LIVING MOMENT. The seas were like glass. It was the worst week of our marriage out of the way the first week of our marriage.

Fast forward to last November. I have cruised a few times without him. He wanted to try it again. We started taking Bonine and ginger two days before; continued with that and the Motion Eaze once we boarded. My DD is a physician; Bonine and Motion Eaze are to be "taken until effect". We had very rough seas (at least 12-15 feet) and very windy conditions (60 mph winds). The water was splashing out of the main pool up to the next deck. Neither he nor I had one second of sickness (and I can't ride in the back seat of a car unless I am looking straight forward). We slept like babies, gently rolling back and forth. We were in an aft wrap cabin. I did feel the "motion of the ocean" for a few days after we were home. Just used the Motion Eaze and it helped me get through that.

Hope it works for you. I just wanted to add my testimony. Oh, and DH simply doesn't like cruising, sick or not. Fortunately, my sisters do!!

Hi folks, Can anyone tell me if motion-ease is available to purchase on Grand princess as I cannot find a uk supplier,and it sounds like just the answer to my problem

Here is a link to a place to buy it. I would imagine they ship overseas.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_98714_151006001_151000000_151006000?cmCat=CROSSSELL_SEARCH

Another excellent source which a waiter on one of our cruises did for our table. Cut up "green apple" and eat with saltine crackers"..stops it in its track and we all could eat dinner". Thought I share this. We always make sure to have a couple of green apples and lots of saltine crackers in our cabin, just in case. Hope it helps. Good luck and happy sailing !

Hi folks, Can anyone tell me if motion-ease is available to purchase on Grand princess as I cannot find a uk supplier,and it sounds like just the answer to my problem

Hello there...noticed you are from Falkirk. A friend of mine lives there! She is from the US, but married a Scottish guy and they have been living in Falkirk about 4 yrs now.

Hi John and Renee isnt it a small world .If your friend shops in Tesco she will probably have seen me as I am a Teamleader at checkouts and scurry about all day with headphones on .Anyone will be able to point me out to her as they all know I love cruising.Ask her to say Hello

Hi John and Renee isnt it a small world .If your friend shops in Tesco she will probably have seen me as I am a Teamleader at checkouts and scurry about all day with headphones on .Anyone will be able to point me out to her as they all know I love cruising.Ask her to say Hello

I will mention this to her & find out if she shops there! Her name is Suzy, long dark curly hair -- and American, you'd probably know her if you spoke with her since she would sound different. I will definitely ask her to say Hello! :)

Hmm. Interesting. I am just the opposite, I have a very overly sensitive sense of smell. Honestly, other than when I have and bottle open and am first applying it, I can't smell it after that. My Mom used it first and I could not smell it on her either when she told me about it. So, somehow, I am thinking that the functionality of Motion Ease has nothing to do with its scent. Of course, that is just my guess based on my experiences.

Debbie

• 4 weeks later...

Hi My sister has been complaining today of motion sickness, she has an inner ear problem, so the dr. gave her some meds for veritgo. I gave her Motion Eaze I got mine at a boaters store, its really 12.99 and the website says its 15.00 but you can get it almost anywheres. Walgreens does not carry it, walmart may carry it but let me tell you a little drop on the side of each ear did the trick. Her head is not spinning and she feels alot better.

She also bought the seaband but doubts she will use it. I think this is much better.

Who on earth discovered this was a genius this was the best stuff I have also tried it. I flew in yesterday to see my sister and I am going home tomorrow and I have been nausea for 2 days. I took it this morning am the both of us did this and we are miracles because this stuff really does work.

So Ladies and gents if you feel nausea coming put alittle dab with do ya and have fun, its non toxic carry it with you, you can use it a few times a day if you have to.

its well worth the money to have Motion eaze at your side for any motion of the ocean move with you.

Loretta

Archived