Nov 25, 2005 Volendam recommendations

Italian Nancy

We are looking at the Nov 25th, 2005 sailing on the Volendam, any recommendations. We have sailed on the Zuiderdam, Costa and recently returned from Celebrity Summit which was outstanding. This would be the smallest ship we have sailed on. We are looking for excellent food, a reasonable stateroom. Our TA is recommending a BB class of stateroom.

I love the Volendam, she may be a bit smaller than what you have cruised in the past, but I find her to be a perfect size, IMHO. The Volendam is very well appointed, easy to get around and you won't get too lost. I enjoyed her so much the first time I sailed her, that I am sailing her again next March.

I found the food to be excellent, but I am easily pleased perhaps. I look at it this way, if I don't have to cook and clean up, I am happy.

We found the service on the Volendam to be excellent, she has a superb crew.

I get a cabin to myself so I get an inside cabin and found them to be more than adequate. You may find the cabins on the Volendam to be a little bit larger than some other cabins on other lines.

I don't think you can go wrong with the Volendam.

Twoatsea.. we hated Costa, from the get go the staff were rude, didn't care about service. The food was awful, granted we consider ourselves "foodies" and my husband is the Italian one. He sent so many entrees back over the week, it got to be a joke. We tried out Costa in the Caribbean as a test run for our Mediterrean cruise and glad we did, we would never cruise with Costa again. Celebrity was excellent as was the Zuiderdam.

thanks, italian nancy, for the info. our research into costa was to ask others who had sailed with them. the reviews were mixed, but mostly negative. looks like you confirmed our decision not to give them a try, especially when we like hal so much. good sailing to you.

Archived