Another Dress code ? Anybody recently on the Glory?

ak2vt2nm2co

Hi ...I know another dress code ? My DBF doesn't want to go to the dinning room on Formal nights if he has to wear a jacket... Any thoughts or observations on what they saw thoses nights or any other night.

countdown.pl?name=ak2vt2nm2co&date=4-11-2009&image=Beach-10&text=&ship=Carnival Glory

We just got off the splendor in Jan. We did the formal nights and my husband wore nice pants(dockers) and a nice polo type shirt with dress shoes.

We fit in just fine. There were some dressed up in tuxes and gowns, but there were lots just like us. We even saw whole families wearing jeans.

We didn't feel out of place at all. Don't force the guy to dress up even if others will make you feel that way. It is your money, enjoy yourself the way you like.

We just came off the Legend in February and we decided that as we have to dress up in suits/ties and business suits all year long - we were not going to do real formal on vacation. We wore nice polos and khakis all week (even on formal nites) and never had anyone say anything to us. Personally, I am sure some people looked down on us but hey - it's our vacation - we want to be comfortable and enjoy it. I wouldn't worry about dressing up too much anyway - technically - there were a lot of people who were not as dressed up as we were and there were some people who wore suits every night. It takes all kinds and as long as you are comfortable - don't sweat it.

Hi ...I know another dress code ? My DBF doesn't want to go to the dinning room on Formal nights if he has to wear a jacket... Any thoughts or observations on what they saw thoses nights or any other night.

countdown.pl?name=ak2vt2nm2co&date=4-11-2009&image=Beach-10&text=&ship=Carnival Glory

You can get away with wearing normal clothes on formal night. But most of the passengers will be at least somewhat dressed up for formal nights. Last week on the Glory the vast majority of the guys were dressed up wearing at least a jacket.

We had the same thing when we went on the Liberty over Thanksgiving. We are going on the Glory for July 4th and will only dress up on one night. I wouldnt even call it dressing up because I dont go on vacation to wear a jacket, suit and especially a tux. That is just way too much to pack. Do what you want........your on vacation!!!!:D

Normally the food on formal nights is a little better. Most have been the surf and turf night in the dining room which is the night they have lobster. It would be a shame to miss that. I usually wear a cocktail dress and my husband wears a normal suit. If your BF does not own a jacket maybe he could borrow one if you want to dress up more. My daughter just got back off Liberty last week and her boyfriend wore nice slacks and a dress shirt. Looked just fine. They are both in their early 20's. Do not fret just don't miss those yummy dinners!! They are much better than the buffets!!!

On Glory in Feb. there was A-Z in attire on those nights. My hubby did wear shirt/tie no jacket. I saw alot of polo type shirts/dockers. It was fine! Women had ball gowns to just sun dresses. Some wore black pants/fancy tops.

The end of February on Glory, most men had jackets on. Those that didn't wore dress shirts, dress pants and a tie. We didn't see many suits or tuxedos.

My husband hates to get dressed up and he just wore a dress shirt with a jacket. The jacket came off 2 minutes after he was done with dinner.

Enjoy!

Since the recent charges for extra luggage on airlines, I decided to bring a tie for formal night and leave the suit at home. It seems most average, one less garment bag, and I couldn't tell you how many times in the past I'd take the jacket off when I got to the table because not only is it warm ( I'm in the caribbean, but my body is used to buffalo january weather) but I really want to be comfortable, I mean I'm on vacation.

Since the recent charges for extra luggage on airlines, I decided to bring a tie for formal night and leave the suit at home. It seems most average, one less garment bag, and I couldn't tell you how many times in the past I'd take the jacket off when I got to the table because not only is it warm ( I'm in the caribbean, but my body is used to buffalo january weather) but I really want to be comfortable, I mean I'm on vacation.

As one who used to bring 8 pairs of shoes and two suits on a 7 or 8 day cruise I can relate.

For my Legend cruise last September I told myself to pack lighter and avoid these stupid airline fees etc.

It worked out great for me!

I wore dress shoes, dress pants, dress shirt and tie. No jacket.

I wore the same dress pants and shoes again different shirt and tie.

I fit in just fine!

Now watch me go with only a carry on duffle bag in May!

I was on the Glory last month. I was really surprised at how casual everyone dressed in comparison to my past cruises. On formal nights, most of the people were dressed in more cocktail type attire, but there was a wide variation. I really didn't see that many guys wearing suits. I hate to say it, but I saw some guys wearing jeans on the formal nights too. You husband will be fine without a jacket. He'll fit in with just a nice shirt and pants.

I agree with everyone else. We were on the Glory in March. The dress on formal night varied from tuxes to suits to dress shirts with/without tie to polo shirts. Don't miss formal night. He'll be fine wearing nice slacks and shirt.

We were on Glory in February - yeah, we were some of the folks in tuxes/cocktail dress, but that's just us - we like getting out the formal wear.:) Nice slacks/shirt and tie are just fine, no jacket required. Don't miss "elegant" night!

countdown.pl?name=ak2vt2nm2co&date=4-11-2009&image=Beach-10&text=&ship=Carnival%20Glory

Interestingly enough is that when we were on the Valor they had just changed the formal nights to cruise elegant and a lot of people were dressed for formal night.

In our group there were 3 men who had on Docker type slacks and dress shirts with ties. There were a number of floks dressed like this and we felt quite comfortable.

On our recent cruise on the Victory I noticed that most people were dressed more casually and I wore black slacks with a black dress shirt and didn't bother with the tie and that worked out just fine.

Some men wore jackets, some suits, and some tuxedos. There were also some on both cruises that didn't even meet the dress code.

Be comfortable and enjoy!

Archived