Best quiet laid-back beach

angeliz

On May 2nd we are headed off for our first cruise through Carnival and have a port stop in Cozumel. We are just planning on doing some shopping and then spending lunch and the afternoon at the beach. We are hoping to find somewhere that is NOT a “party” beach, but somewhere we can just chill out with some drinks, beach chairs (or hammock) and an umbrella. Also we would like for it to be close to some food options so nowhere too off the beaten path. Any suggestions? I’ve backstaked the message boards and most of what is suggested are for those into sports or water activities and/or parting.

If your suggestion has an entrance fee or if reservation is needed if you could let me know I would appreciate it.

Your help is definitely appreciated!

just google free beaches cozumel. the beaches on the east side are more secluded, but the water is choppy and not good for swimming.

you can serach cozumel beaches on youtube and get lots of great video clips

Try Carlos and Charlies Beach
Did you even read the OP's post?
We are hoping to find somewhere that is NOT a “party” beach

My pick would be Playa Palancar or Nachi Cocum. PP is a $20+ taxi ride so it doesn't see as many people as the closer beaches. Nachi is more private and you do need to make reservations. You can find more info at www.cozumelinsider.com and www.cozumelmycozumel.com.
I agree with the Playa Palancar recommendation and I'd also suggest Playa Uvas.

On May 2nd we are headed off for our first cruise through Carnival and have a port stop in Cozumel. We are just planning on doing some shopping and then spending lunch and the afternoon at the beach. We are hoping to find somewhere that is NOT a “party” beach, but somewhere we can just chill out with some drinks, beach chairs (or hammock) and an umbrella. Also we would like for it to be close to some food options so nowhere too off the beaten path. Any suggestions? I’ve backstaked the message boards and most of what is suggested are for those into sports or water activities and/or parting.

If your suggestion has an entrance fee or if reservation is needed if you could let me know I would appreciate it.

Your help is definitely appreciated!

There is a roll call for this cruise started. Please pop on over and join us. We would love to have ya :D:D:D

I would also say Palancar; nice, quite and you can walk along the shore forever. No reservation required, no entrance fee, they just want you to buy some drinks or lunch. Just grab a cab. It's a little further down the coast than the others. Seems to be what your looking for.

Our favorite place is Senior Sancho's. A short taxi ride and no charge to get on the beach. chips and dips are good, the beer is cold and the beach is fairly nice but would suggest water shoes for the rocks and /or coral.

Did you even read the OP's post?

I agree with the Playa Palancar recommendation and I'd also suggest Playa Uvas.

Bruce,

How does Playa Palancar compare to Nachi as far as crowds and being scenic. I though Nachi was very beautiful and felt much more private than Mr. Sanchos. Is Palancar more like Mr. Sanchos or more like Nachi?

Thanks for any information. I am going back to Cozumel in November and am also looking for the quiet beach like the OP.

Bruce,

How does Playa Palancar compare to Nachi as far as crowds and being scenic.

I think Nachi is a little more "upscale" than Playa Palancar. I think Nachi is All Inclusive only while Playa Palancar is only ála cart. PP is the farthest from town, it will likely be less busy than most of the other beach clubs. PP is really more like a typical laid back beach club, while Nachi tries to give the impression that it is a destination resort.

Is Palancar more like Mr. Sanchos or more like Nachi?

Thanks for any information.

Given those choices I'd say PP is like neither very much. Mr. Sanchos has big water toys and that tends to attract families. It also offers the All Inclusive option which might affect you opinion of the place.

I think Nachi is a little more "upscale" than Playa Palancar. I think Nachi is All Inclusive only while Playa Palancar is only ála cart. PP is the farthest from town, it will likely be less busy than most of the other beach clubs. PP is really more like a typical laid back beach club, while Nachi tries to give the impression that it is a destination resort.

Given those choices I'd say PP is like neither very much. Mr. Sanchos has big water toys and that tends to attract families. It also offers the All Inclusive option which might affect you opinion of the place.

Thanks for the answers. I'm returning to Cozumel in November with my husband who has never been to Cozumel (or on a cruise)! I loved Nachi but was not totally impressed with Mr. Sanchos. So, I am trying to decide between returning to Nachi, trying PP, or maybe doing the Twister/Passion Island with Carnival. Uncrowded and scenic are the most important considerations for us. I did love the pampering at Nachi, however, I also like trying different places. Is Playa as pretty as Nachi?

Archived