Rome FCO Airport Terminal shuttle????

Please help me out here...it looks like we arrive at Terminal C and need to transfer to Terminal A for Venice within an hour that day. What is the quickest way to get from Terminal C to Terminal A, shuttle and where is it???? Since we will be pressed for time, all of you please help!

bjrose:cool:

Here is a link that might help, It discusses the arrivals of different types of flights at FCO. A lot can depend on if your flight is arriving from the US or from another Schengen country or from some other option and if you have cleared passport control on arrival to FCO. Here's a link to the official terminal maps. It looks like you will want to go to your right, not sure if you will need to go through security again or not though. Hopefully somebody else who has been through it can help out. If you have mobility issues, it looks like they have some way of helping you out as well.

Clearing immigration, getting to the other terminal, getting through security, getting to your gate in an hour (assuming the plane is on-time)? It is certainly possible. If your luggage is transfered (you do not mention which carrier/carriers) for you and you already have your boarding pass I'd give it a 50% chance; ok maybe a bit better than that, but it is not a connection I would try to make.

I thin the only shuttles are those that service the parking ramps and I do not know which way they go (that is, from Terminal C -> A -> parking ->C or A->C->parking). the walk between terminals really is not that bad.. the walk from the entry to the terminal to your gate will be longer if I recall correctly.

The standard shuttle between the terminals are that magical method of transportation called your FEET. They do have a shuttle bus that runs to the Satalite Terminal, but for A, B and C we have always walked. If you have a mobility issue you should make sure you notify your airline when you check-in in the states. I hope you are not on too tight a schedule since we have often waited 45 min just to get our luggage in Rome.

Hank

Here is a link that might help, It discusses the arrivals of different types of flights at FCO. A lot can depend on if your flight is arriving from the US or from another Schengen country or from some other option and if you have cleared passport control on arrival to FCO. Here's a link to the official terminal maps. It looks like you will want to go to your right, not sure if you will need to go through security again or not though. Hopefully somebody else who has been through it can help out. If you have mobility issues, it looks like they have some way of helping you out as well.

We are arriving from the USA. It says on our tix, Terminal C arrival then Terminal A to Venice from Rome. We are flying AlItalia (AZ). Any other helpful hints, please share. I printed the maps of the terminals which explains to me more. Thank you.

bjrose:)

Clearing immigration, getting to the other terminal, getting through security, getting to your gate in an hour (assuming the plane is on-time)? It is certainly possible. If your luggage is transfered (you do not mention which carrier/carriers) for you and you already have your boarding pass I'd give it a 50% chance; ok maybe a bit better than that, but it is not a connection I would try to make.

I thin the only shuttles are those that service the parking ramps and I do not know which way they go (that is, from Terminal C -> A -> parking ->C or A->C->parking). the walk between terminals really is not that bad.. the walk from the entry to the terminal to your gate will be longer if I recall correctly.

I found that we are flying Alitalia, and arriving 8:10 AM and leaving for Venice from Terminal A at 10 AM, so it's more like 2 hours than 1, my error. And, we are putting through our baggage with a small carry-on only. I hope this will be easier than you above mentioned. Anything else you could share to help us out would be appreciated.

bjrose:cool:

Archived