New England/Canada Temperatures late Sept?

Carnival Glory New England out of NYC Sept 18, 2010.

Has anyone done a NE cruise in late Sept? I want to cruise out of NYC and would like to stop in Boston, otherwise I would select a different cruise and cannot do the earlier one on Sept 11, 2010. I absolutly love hot weather and dislike being chilled -- How are the temps this time of year, muggy hot or sweater cool?

Thanks!

Carnival Glory New England out of NYC Sept 18, 2010.

Has anyone done a NE cruise in late Sept? I want to cruise out of NYC and would like to stop in Boston, otherwise I would select a different cruise and cannot do the earlier one on Sept 11, 2010. I absolutly love hot weather and dislike being chilled -- How are the temps this time of year, muggy hot or sweater cool?

Thanks!

At sea you will need a sweater and jacket---even in summer around here.

September is usually our nicest month. The fog is pretty much gone and we get some lovely sunny days. The temp will generally run in the mid sixties in the day but can rise into the low 70's during the mid part of the day. The evenings will be cool--low 60's and into the 50's.

There are days in mid Sept when people still wear shorts.

My best advice is to layer when you leave the ship in the morning as it will warm up.

If it is rainy it will be quite cool---low 60's.

If there is a hurricane down south the rainy days will be quite muggy here--and warmer.

I absolutly love hot weather and dislike being chilled...

Well, it certainly won't be "hot", as you like it, but it shold be comfortable. Of course, there's no way of predicting the weather but you should look at a weather site a few days beforehand for the forecast. Our late Sept. cruise last year was pleasant, but not warm. I wore a sleeveless fleece vest into some ports, and a coat into others. As mentioned, layering is key.

Thanks everyone for answering that question. I will be leaving on the 17th of Sept. ( Explorer of the Seas ) out of NJ. I was just planning on bringing a jacket. Do ya'll think I should bring a big overcoat ?

We were on an 11 day Canada/New England cruise starting in mid-September just a few months ago. It is certainy not a "hot weather" itinerary but the days were warm and sunny. We enjoyed quite a few warm afternoons, sun tanning on our balcony The pool was not a popular spot but the hot tub was well attended. It was always cool on deck in the evening and could be uncomfortably breezy. No need for that bulky coat though. You are far better off dressing in layers. Take a light weight, rain jacket with room enough to wear a sweater under it. You may be wearing shorts and t-shirts on shore during the day. Bear in mind that the weather along the coast can change quickly. Always take a light jacket along with you for the day. If you plan to visit the restored fort at Fort Louisburg, it is often cool and breezy out there - even when the temperature where the ship docks is hot.

We loved the ports of call on that cruise. Most of the sights can easily be seen on your own. There were lots of interesting walks. Take good walking shoes! It was an amazing look at the early history of both Canada and the United States. Bon voyage

Thanks for the information on the weather. In Seattle it feels like we haven't had hot weather in almost 2 years, will finally pass 60 today! I think I'll reschedule to a mid summer cruise to NE and make Boston a later destination.

Archived