Information about private tours

We are trying to finalize our trip to Europe.

We need some information about private tours (we are 8 people) in the following areas: Amalfi, Istanbul, Rhodes, and Athens.

We are considering booking benvenutolimos company for Amalfi coast and Billy's private bus tours in Athens. Any information regarding these companies?

What about Istanbul and Rhodes?

Istanbul is very easy and safe to DIY... see http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=791793

Rhodes-- also easy to tour Old Town on your own. You just need a city map... one easy way is to check out the Eyewitness Greek Isles guidebook through your local library, or free Interlibrary Loan if they don't have it locally.

We would prefer to have a driver and guide to enhance our experience in Istanbul. I know its a huge city and a lot to see.

Modern Istanbul is big, but the historic section is quite small. The Blue Mosque, Haghia Sophia, Basilica Cisterns, Grand Market, and Topkapi Palace are all within 1/2 mile of each other-- and you could easily spend 2 days just on those sites.

I dont know about Rhodes. Is the old town close to the cruise ship?

Yep, less than 1/2 mile.

We are trying to finalize our trip to Europe.

We need some information about private tours (we are 8 people) in the following areas: Amalfi, Istanbul, Rhodes, and Athens.

We are considering booking benvenutolimos company for Amalfi coast and Billy's private bus tours in Athens. Any information regarding these companies?

What about Istanbul and Rhodes?

As OP said Istanbul is very DIY. The 4 major attractions are all walking distance, as are many eating options. Like you we knew little of what to expect of Turkey and Istanbul and thus did private thru EKOL. They had a nice mini bus/driver waiting at the dock and took us the short way across the bridge to Topkapi then to St Stophia, lunch followed by Blue Mosque and the Spice Market. Traffic was horrible and I often wonder if I did it ourselves if we'd have saved time and a little money. Private tours are pretty cheap and it came to under 80 USD/person for guide/bus/driver.

Happy planning.

Archived