walking shoes

Hi Carol,

Yes...comfortable walking shoes will keep your feet happy on all those cobblestone streets.:) In July you'll want something cool (walking sandals or breathable shoes). My favorite is my Mephisto sandals.

Here's a link to a recent thread with additional suggestions: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911601&highlight=shoes

I get the Merrell sandals - Genoa's - they have a flexible part near your toe so no blisters. It has great support and I love having my toes out on hot days. They are not inexpensive, but some things are worth paying for. I am looking for a great pair of sneakers - have tried Ecco and Merrell for those and have yet to find the right pair. I find without socks they take on a smell after a few days. I'd like any advice on that if you have it.

My DW and I can spend months in Europe simply wearing our comfortable sandals (Clarks and Teva). They are perfect for the day and we can even wear them in the evening. The only thing is that tourists look really funny when they wear socks with sandals. In fact, when I travel in Italy I do not even wear socks with dress shoes.

Hank

Archived