kids clubs - carnival or disney

SDJen

I am considering cruising with my daughter when she turns about 5. I am wondering if anyone out there has used the kids clubs in Disney and Carnival?? Did you prefer one over the other?? Pros and Cons?

I know she would love Disney but the price is so much higher! I am wondering if Carnival would be as much fun.

Thanks in advance.

I am considering cruising with my daughter when she turns about 5. I am wondering if anyone out there has used the kids clubs in Disney and Carnival?? Did you prefer one over the other?? Pros and Cons?

I know she would love Disney but the price is so much higher! I am wondering if Carnival would be as much fun.

Thanks in advance.

They can't be compared IMHO. Disney is so superior to Carnival, however I may be a bit biased because I have only been on a 4 day Carnival cruise. I would check the ship reviews for the ships that you are considering and see what the reviewers with children in the same age range said about the kids club that will give you a better feel.

I actually think as far as programs are concerned...Camp Carnival is just as good as Disney. In some ways, CC is better. And in others, disney has the edge.

Let me try to compare them for you. And you can go to the link in my signature to see the schedules for most of the cruise lines.

CAMP SECURITY

Camp Carnival - GREAT security. NO ADULT goes into Camp Carnival. On Disney, any adult who wants to "see" the kids club is welcomed in. That freaked me out - ALOT.

CAMP ACTIVITIES

Both have activities that change every 30 minutes or so. Disney has activities centered around the Disney chracters.

ONBOARD POOLS

Both have slides. Disney is fresh water. But the Disney "main pool" is SMALL in comparison with most other ships.

FOOD

I like Carnival food better...but that's subjective

DECOR

Disney has nicer looking ships. Not as loud and gaudy.

I don't think I'll go back on a Disney ship until they bring out the new ones. The cost of the older Disney ones (been on both) have now grown bigger than their worth. But I wouldn't mind doing a newer Carnival ship.

My kids loved both clubs. My older one preferred Camp Carnival more than Disney.

Archived