Majesty of the Seas vs Monarch of the seas

I'm probably going on a graduation cruise this may or june and was just gonna take my bro but I figure my cousin is coming along too so itll be 3 guys in one cabin

Anyways....there are two cruises i was interested in...one goes from port caneveral and is monarch of the seas the other goes from miami and is majesty of the seas.

for three guys (21, 19 and 19) what would be a better ship? any major differences? We live in georgia so we will be driving down port caneveral is like 8 hours miami is 11 hours

what would you do

1st, is it the 3 day or the 4 day.

4 day from Miami stops at Key West, Monarch from PC does not (has a sea day).

Both ships are very similar, tiny, tiny rooms. Good luck with three in a regular room, it will be crowded. There is vary little difference between the ships.

Having said that, we love these short cruises, and like both ships very much. Our last trip on Monarch (she was still in LA) was one of our best cruises.

Good luck and have a great time!

Monarch and Majesty are virtually identical. Majesty has had the most recent complete makeover, so it might be marginally nicer. However, I was on Monarch last January and the ship was beautiful, so I don't think you can go wrong with either ship.

One difference is that Majesty has Johnny Rockets and Monarch has Jade Sushi. These are both extra cost venues. JR is about $5 per person and Jade varies by menu choice.

Another difference is the port. Port Canaveral is less busy and less costly for hotels near the port, but less to do in the evening. Miami has much more to offer in terms of night life.

I'm probably going on a graduation cruise this may or june and was just gonna take my bro but I figure my cousin is coming along too so itll be 3 guys in one cabin

Anyways....there are two cruises i was interested in...one goes from port caneveral and is monarch of the seas the other goes from miami and is majesty of the seas.

for three guys (21, 19 and 19) what would be a better ship? any major differences? We live in georgia so we will be driving down port caneveral is like 8 hours miami is 11 hours

what would you do

All else equal (rates, travel time, etc.), go Majesty.

probably a 4 day...we really don't care for the destination as we won't be doing any excursions..mainly just relaxing and hanging out and gambling

plus ive been to one carnival cruise before i think sensation to bahamas but everything was clsoed cause it was a holiday lol

First, I've been on the Monarch 4 times. Loved it 4 times. Yes, the cabins are tiny. But how much time do you spend in the cabin? For us its just to sleep and change clothes.

For me cruising is all about the ports and and given the choice I would choose the Majesty for the extra port day. If you would prefer having the sea day to lounge out by the pool, them choose the Monarch.

Either way, have a great cruise!

what would you do

Whichever you choose pick a Superior OV or larger. My GF and I did a regular OV before and it was a little small for us...nevermind three guys. ;)

Archived