Montego Bay- Tranopy Tour

Littlegoo75

Has anyone taken the Tranopy tour in Montego Bay? It includes a chair lift, zip line and bob sled ride. It's about $150 bucks and before I reserve it and spend so much money, I just want to make sure that it's worth it.

If you have done this, can you please share your experience?

Also, does anyone know if this same type of tour is available other than through Carnival?

Thanks in advance!

Has anyone taken the Tranopy tour in Montego Bay? It includes a chair lift, zip line and bob sled ride. It's about $150 bucks and before I reserve it and spend so much money, I just want to make sure that it's worth it.

Also, does anyone know if this same type of tour is available other than through Carnival?

Thanks in advance!

I was thinking it was a canopy tour where all the men were required to dress like women. Shows what I know :eek:

Thanks in advance!

If this is the one at Mystic Mountain, it is definitely worth the price. My mom, sister and I did it this past February while in Ocho Rios. The chair lift portion is about 15-20 minutes each way depending on how busy it is. It is a slow, easy ride with lots of photo ops of the ocean, shore line, rainforest, and cruise ship. At the top of the "mountain" there is a gift shop, restaurant (i think...we didn't visit it, but were told it was there), and lockers to store anything you don't want to risk dropping on the the other portions of the tour. The bobseld was FUN! You can control the speed and go faster or slower. I would recommend going full speed. It's not too jerky. That was a concern for us with our 70 year old mother. Her back and neck can tend to bother her sometimes. But it was no problem for her and she went full speed. Only complaint is you can only go once without having to pay extra. Would have liked to go a couple more times. The zipline was also great. Sis and I ziplined in Belize and liked this course better. They take you in group of 8 or so, so the wait times are pretty short at each platform. There are 4 lines, then a straight drop down (fun), then a swinging bridge (mom's least favorite part...the only part that really scared her) then one final line. The zipline ends at a platform where you can catch the chair lift going back down. If you stored stuff in lockers let them know and they will retrieve your stuff and send it down tied to a chair. We didn't do this. So we had to ride to the bottom then all the way back up to get our stuff. Then back down again. Wish we would have had our stuff sent down to us so we could head out to Margaritaville quicker for lunch. But all in all it was a great tour.

Misty

Ha ha...men dressed as women. Good one.

Thanks for the info Misty- I think we will go for it, the only problem is that we are cruising with our 11 month old and didn't really want to take him off of the ship in Jamaica. I was hoping that between the in-laws and the on-board babysitting (only available for a limited number of hours) that we would be able to work something out so that the in-laws will still be able to do a tour maybe later in the day after we return from Mystic Mountain. Also, from what I understand, Mystic Mountain is in Ocho Rios, so it's not a quick trip from Mobay, otherwise I would have considered everyone going and taking a cab and paying for the attractions a la carte - I don't think my son could do anything there, and my in-laws could maybe do the aerial tram, but that's it.

Does anyone know what time the tour leaves/returns to the ship?

Anyone know about a company that offers transportation to/from the park from MoBay?

Thanks!

Archived