Celebrity Summit August 2, 2009 Venice to Barcelona

cruzduo

We are actually getting off the Summit on August 2nd (we embark in Barcelona). Since I am sure that the excursions are the same, what would you like to know? We have booked our excursions.

We did Barcelona to Venice last year and did all excursions on our own. These are easy ports to get around in, and you can save a whopping lot of money, plus have a much more 'real' experience, by going off on your own. You can actually spend more than your cruise fare on ship's excursions if you insist on taking them--

You should post this question on the Europe/Med boards--there is tons of info there.

We're excited!!!! This is our 4th cruise together and our first time on the Celebrity. If anyone can share any information, we'd love it.

We've never cruised anything except the Caribbean so we can't wait to spend our honeymoon cruising around Europe. :D

Check out the reviews from the Summit on this cruise. I wrote an extensive one last year June 16th, along with several of our cruise critic friends. Also sign up for the roll call on your cruise to share your questions. I don't know how to post a link to the reviews, but if you do a review search on my name you can find it.

Good Luck. This is a great cruise on a fantastic ship. We had a wonderful time.

Bob

If you are looking for people on your cruise, then you should post on the Roll Call board. If you are looking for info on the cruise itself ,you should change the title (or repost) so it is not so specific since it can be answered by people who are not on that cruise who would not otherwise look at this thread.

BTW does anyone have a link to menu scans for this 12 night cruise? I understand that Celebrity has recently changed their menus (again) but I'd like to get an idea of what they have as I've never done a Mediterranean cruise before.

After doing a lot of research, and recommendations from cc members, we have decided to use:

Revelations for our tour of Nice/Monaco/Monte Carlo/Eze/Saint Paul de Vence

Romeinlimo for our tour of Florence/Pisa AND again in Rome

Athenstaxi (Paul) for our tour in Athens

Pepito Tours for a private tour of Montserrat, Spain

We have decided to use a Celebrity tour in Naples.....Sorrento, Capri, and Pompeii. In Santorini, Dubrovnik, Venice, and Barcelona.....we are doing everything on our own.

I hope this helps. I know that this Board has been very helpful for me.

Thanks everyone! We're just starting to dig around on here. It's overwhelming to do this while planning the wedding but sooooo worth it. We almost as excited for the cruise as the wedding itself!

Don't forget to get excited about the MARRIAGE!!!!:D:D

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Scary E and J... I was going to say the exact same thing. The marriage is MUCH more fun than the wedding. :)...

And cruises are pretty cool too.

Scary E and J... I was going to say the exact same thing. The marriage is MUCH more fun than the wedding. :)...

And cruises are pretty cool too.

Congratulations!

Yes, of course. :D Thank you guys!!!!!!

Thanks Jlijny for all your help with the tours. Any recommendations for a hotel pre-cruise in Venice? :)

We're staying at the Londra Palace Hotel. They get very good reviews on Trip Advisor.....check it out. The hotel is right on the canal and within walking distance of everything.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived