Anyone taken the Pirate ship excursion?

bflowngs

Looks like fun.....they take you out on a pirate ship, make people walk the plank, etc.....serve drinks.....etc.

Anyone done this one???? Love pirate stuff, and our University is the ECU pirates.....so you can see the attractions.

We are a fun-loving 50ish couple.

• 1 month later...

Yes we did it in October and had a good time. We had our grandson who was going to be three and my son who was 21. It was fun although the little one was afraid but my husband and son had a great time. They both took turns jumping, diving and doing cannon balls off the top of the ship. Didn't think the old man could still do it at 57 but he really showed the younger one up and lived to brag about it!

The other young kids all had a good time. They were probably 5-12 year olds.

• 1 month later...

bflowngs- Just wondering if you decided to do the Pirate Ship Excursion and what you thought of it?

We have a small group of early 30s - late 20 somethings that are looking to do something like this and then maybe a stop at Margaritaville. I am a little worried that it is too geared towards kids, that we may not enjoy it.

TIA!!!!!

We did this a couple of years ago with our 4 kids. It was alright. The currents were strong the day we went so they only let strong swimmers jump and swim back. Personally, I thought the whole things was a little corny. We just sailed around a couple of cruise ships, shot cannons (blank) and was anchored for a little bit of time. All the while they made passengers scrub the deck with a toothbrush and other pirate stuff like that.

My kids never really talked about it afterwords. That's a good gauge (for me) whether or not they liked it.

I was wondering about this excursion also as we are thinking of going on it in December, our family group rage from 12-65 and thought would be a fun one to do together. Would be interested to hear more feed back.

Archived