Assembling Bride's Disjointed Group Cruisers

I'd like to thank all of you CC folks... you have really helped me out soooooooo much these last couple of months. I am winding up my research and preparing for our destination wedding (my niece) group's pre-cruise gathering.

Asking my poor excuse for a travel agent ANYTHING is just a waste of time and, as you know, NCL will not talk to me at all because he 'owns' my reservation. CANNOT TELL YOU HOW FRUSTRATING IT IS TO BE IN THIS MESS. (Thanks, again CC.)

NCL will not speak to my niece either so she is very very very anxious about this whole mess. She fears the worst (in tears). I assured her I would do my best for her... That CC would come to the rescue.

I'd appreciate any help - even direction toward help. AHHHH!

MY MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE:

The bride (24 years) told folks, after her initial block of required cabins for the 'group' was filled (I think 8 cabins) she told folks they could, because the TA was so unhelpful to book directly through NCL or via another TA.

I found out by accident that the original group is entitled to dinner at Le Bistro and I don't know what else (neither does the bride) the group might be entitled to. No matter what it might be, though only about half of us are in the group! Dinner for half of her wedding guests???

In my research I came upon http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_110308 'Allowing individual bookings to be transferred into groups up until the day prior sailing*; *Only for bookings where commissions have not yet been processed." I am certain that our TA's commission has not been processed https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/consumer (we are 63 days out).

If I beg NCL will they switcheraroo everybody into one group?

Thanks,

Clare

Yes, NCL will let the agent transfer individual bookings into the group unless commission has been paid. BUT, they have to be the agents bookings. If the people booked directly through NCL or another agent and the final payment has been already made I'm afraid you're out of luck. If before final the people could have had the agent take over their bookings and move them into the group.

Yes, NCL will let the agent transfer individual bookings into the group unless commission has been paid. BUT, they have to be the agents bookings. If the people booked directly through NCL or another agent and the final payment has been already made I'm afraid you're out of luck. If before final the people could have had the agent take over their bookings and move them into the group.

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond and I don't want to seem contridictory it's NOT that I doubt you and I DON"T want to be a pain in the you know what but why in this NCL 2.0 press release http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_110308 Dated 11/03/08 would it say:

'Allowing individual bookings to be transferred into groups up until the day prior sailing*;

*Only for bookings where commissions have not yet been processed."

If it is NOT the case? Maybe this is new as of November '08? I wouldn't press this if it was a small thing but it is not - IT'S A BIG ONE!

NCL has a group designation apart, I would think from the TA's... No?

Thanks, again.

Clare

We had a group cruise for our son's wedding about six years ago, but to have a ta that is not helpful must be a nightmare. Not everyone was in the group, but some booked seperately including their own flights. We did manage to have several tables together in the dining room, but it is just about impossible to gather a large group throughout the cruise. The ship was Golden Princess and the wedding was on St. Thomas. We ordered the wedding cake for the evening of the wedding. I wish you luck in formulating your plans and hope everyone has a great cruise.

Thanks for your kind words and wishes...

But, like (!?) I mean, we're not talking rocket science... we're NOT trying to put something over... Every person booked SPECIFICALLY because of the wedding... It MUST be possible! It just MUST!!!

right?

It's just that the bride is so young and she has such high hopes, she's counting on me and I'm watching disaster looming on the horizon with a huge lump in my throat (and bowling ball in my gut).

This was to have been her dream wedding. I'm the aunt whose 'worn beige' up til now (except here at CC LOL) - just working in the background...

Now she's asked for my help and I'm about to unwrap my red power suit...

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME HELP HER!!!! PLEASE!!!

Clare

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond and I don't want to seem contridictory it's NOT that I doubt you and I DON"T want to be a pain in the you know what but why in this NCL 2.0 press release http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_110308 Dated 11/03/08 would it say:

'Allowing individual bookings to be transferred into groups up until the day prior sailing*;

*Only for bookings where commissions have not yet been processed."

If it is NOT the case? Maybe this is new as of November '08? I wouldn't press this if it was a small thing but it is not - IT'S A BIG ONE!

NCL has a group designation apart, I would think from the TA's... No?

Thanks, again.

Clare

A group is held by a travel agency with the cruise line. Only cabins booked by that agency can be in that group. NCL did change things to make it easier for agents to move cabins into their groups at anytime before commission has been paid but NCL will not move cabins booked by other agencies or by them directly into another agenices group. What you have linked to is a news release about groups having to deal with agencies. Unfortunately the individual bookings must be under the agency to have them moved to their group.

I was just thinking (thanks for your help, btw). It is NOT all having the same group # that matters.. that is only the tool we thought would unite us - paperwork-wise. Any tool would do. Ropes, super glue, etc. LOL.

The TA confirmed a dinner for his portion (over half) of her wedding cruisers at Le Bistro. I think there was also supposed to be some kind of cocktail reception hour or something and I think a few other little things... I don't know EXACT LT what she is expecting/was promised but I'll find out.

What we need is not to get into a group but to somehow get to where we can organize/attend these things as a unit. That half of us are "IN" and the other half "OUT" of whatever - looking in through the glass... Second class citizens. That would be bad, very bad.

We have 26 people booked (still hoping for a few straggler bargain hunters). Even at a thousand dollars apiece (I paid well over that) that is up-wards of $30K... and as you know cabin cost is just the beginning.

They've gotta help this bride, right?

Different tack. Any ideas?

Thanks, again.

Clare

I know you aren't pleased with the agent but you really should contact the agent and see if he/she can do anything. If the group has a dinner or 1 hour party the agent probably either has them as group amenities or is paying for them. Either way you should contact the agent to see if it is possible to pay to add others to the dinner and or cocktail hour. Since the others aren't legally part of the group they could probably be added to the dinner (at a fee.) The party would depend on how it was set up.

I think we both should be in bed at this hour!

I know you aren't pleased with the agent but you really should contact the agent and see if he/she can do anything. If the group has a dinner or 1 hour party the agent probably either has them as group amenities or is paying for them. Either way you should contact the agent to see if it is possible to pay to add others to the dinner and or cocktail hour. Since the others aren't legally part of the group they could probably be added to the dinner (at a fee.) The party would depend on how it was set up.

I think we both should be in bed at this hour!

This whole thing is literally keeping me up nights. It's CRAZY! I'm beginning to think I"M crazy...

My goal now, since you've all helped me see the light (dark?) about the group thing... (thanks, I think LOL) is to figure out a way that our wedding cruisers won't be divided into the two sub groups so that the 'other half' (non main 'official' group) NEVER feels like the 'other half.' VERY BIG. Very big. I'd like them never, even to know about this issue, if possible.

I will try anything... Even the #@#$$ agent if necessary but I'm counting on the NCL coordinators because I know the TA's washed his hands of the young, optimistic 'everything will be fine' bride. "Take the money and run... Bride? You're on your own." The added Le Bistro fee for the 'other half' will sting a bit but not too much. Maybe my wedding present... Bye bye Photo Frenzy (my first idea).

BTW, I apologize to you great TA's here on CC... I hope none of my TA related posts have read as general to all TA's. I am disgruntled and dissatisfied with only this ONE (place profanity here) dweeb of a poor excuse of a TA...

At this point if that TA is not going to step up and help you I would tell them you are not satisfied and transfer the whole thing back to NCL. Also NCL used to have a wedding co-ordinator, don't they still? Is the wedding actually on the ship or off it?

Everyone should have booked under the group, with the agent however bad, or you should have done it direct with group booking at NCL. but that is all water under the bridge now.

Does this agency have a manager? or is the non responsive agent the manager? if it has one get them on the phone.

You have some major problems looming here. Wish I could be more optimistic for you.

'Til the bride called me in tears the other day I was just doing background, activities, research and website stuff. I now find myself on the front lines and really appreciate your help. I feel like Michael - John Travolta in the movie "Michael;: "BATTLE!" :eek:

At this point if that TA is not going to step up and help you I would tell them you are not satisfied and transfer the whole thing back to NCL.

JUST CALLED NCL... NOPE. WE MADE OUR FINAL PAYMENT. THE REP WAS VERY NICE, BUT FIRM - SHE SUGGESTED I GO TO THE TA'S OFFICE AND GET IN HIS OR THE MANAGER'S "FACE" LOL AND DEMAND THE SERVICE WE'RE PAYING FOR. IF I AM STILL NOT SATISFIED SHE TOLD ME TO CALL GUEST RELATIONS. SO, THAT'S MY PLAN.

Also NCL used to have a wedding coordinator, don't they still? Is the wedding actually on the ship or off it?

I THINK THEY DO BUT MY BRIDE TRIED TO DO THIS ON A BUDGET AND 'KEEP IT SIMPLE'... LESSON LEARNED... BUT NO 'DO-OVERS.'

Everyone should have booked under the group, with the agent however bad, or you should have done it direct with group booking at NCL. but that is all water under the bridge now. WAY UNDER.

Does this agency have a manager? or is the non responsive agent the manager? if it has one get them on the phone. SEE ABOVE.

You have some major problems looming here. Wish I could be more optimistic for you. I KNOW IT WILL WORK OUT... JUST NEED TO MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Thanks, again.

Clare

Archived