Have U tried either the ATV tour or the Bar and Pub crawl?

BluIDblonde

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. This is my first post here.

I have taken the Quad Tour in Aruba. About a year and a half ago. Me, My wife, and My Inlaws that cruised with us were the only 4 people on the tour. It was awesome. Our guide, (Tony) was cool as all....he even video taped us with my camera so we all could be in the home video. The tour goes to the standard aruba spots, but just from the jealous looks of the people riding in the back seats of rusty Geo Trackers....we were having MUCH more fun!

Tony got our number right away. He somehow managed to pack enough fast flying action to keep me happy (sand dunes and donuts in the dirt), while going slow enough to accomidate my in laws (they aren't quite as speed crazy as I am....I don't think they had the throttle all the way down once). I still don't know how he managed it, but everybody had a blast!

The machines were very well maintained, but 2 of them could have used new tires (but it's much easier to power slide around corners with bald tires, though). They were also surprisingly easy to ride. Just a throttle control and a brake lever. That's it. No gears to shift, or anything. Super simple

I couldn't have asked for a better tour.....my favorite cruise shore trip so far....hands down!

Good luck, and I hope you have fun!

-Giventofly

P.S.....as far as the bar thing.....I can't help ya....it's kinda the opposite of the atv's...don't-ya-think! ;)

Edit......'sup Realtor!! I just noticed your rotating Realtor emblem. Very Cool!

http://www.realtyone.com/daniel.smith

• 2 weeks later...
How about the Bar and Pub crawl thru RCCL - anyone tried that?

While we were on the Adventure of the Seas, we did the Bar & Pub Crawl. We had a blast! If you have any specific questions about it, feel free to ask and I will try to answer them. I say TRY to answer them because we did hit 5 bars that night and some things are a bit of a blur!...LOL;)

P.S.....as far as the bar thing.....I can't help ya....it's kinda the opposite of the atv's...don't-ya-think! ;)
You are right......the Pub Crawl is ALL THROTTLE!!! :D :D

Although opposite, the 2 outings would probably work great in combination. Giventofly - You didn't mention stopping at any bars, so this tour might be a good way to stay out of trouble for at least part of the day before the Pub Crawl starts that night.

We are on the 1/30 AOS and have already signed up for the Pub Crawl........have to think about the ATVs! :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Aruba on our Honeymoon Jan. 2002

Stayed at the Marriott (Beautiful)

We took the ATV tour. It started late because they forgot to pick someone up at their hotel and we had to wait. Once we got started I thought it was going to be boring because everyone was going signle file and kinda slow.

We manuavered ourselves up front with the leader and low and behold he realized we wanted speed. So he took off and we follwed! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

We had to stop now and then for everyone else to catch up. There was one guy that kept trying to get in front of us, and when he did he went slow. He told us we were being dangerous and he was keeping us safe. We blew past him next chance we got.

Because we got started late we were out after dark, flying across red clay in the dark. It was a riot!!!!!

When we got back to the hotel we were covered in red clay from head to toe. Took forever to scrub it off. But it was worth.

That's my story!!!

Enjoy the ATV tour.

Tammy:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived