How Obstructed are 7As on Carnival Pride?

Travellany

This is my second cruise and I had an interior room last time. Though it was comfy, I didn't like not having a window. I wanted an oceanview this time around, and need a little more room since I have a baby this time. So when they offered me an upgrade to a 7a balcony for $39, I couldn't pass it up...

I've done searches and can't seem to get an answer besides what it says on the websites about 7a being partially obstructed view. Carnival told me we'll see the lifeboats if we look down, but we'll still have a view. We won't spend much time there; but if the baby gets fussy, I don't want to torture other passengers with him... So I was thinking having a balcony would give us a little luxury.

Sorry if this is a redundant question, but thanks in advance for your input.

Hi, I have never actually stayed in a 7a but I did look into one on the Pride because I was interested in seeing what obstructed view meant. It really is just as you said, you can look straight out but if you look down your view is obstructed by the life boats. For the money it is definitely worth it, you get a balcony which is great. There are two cabins in that category that have huge balconies that actually run behnd the bank of elevators, one is handicapped and the other is not. 5236 is the one that is not handicapped. If you have the opportunity to snag that cabin you will get a very long balcony. My kids had that room on a higher deck and the balcony is very large. Whatver you choose, have a great time. I have sailed the Pride and two of her sister ships and loved them all.

2656775870097515536lsubTD_th.jpg

the lifeboats site outside your balcony wall. You will not be able to look down into the waters but looking out is fine. (notice how narrow the balcony is)

some are dissappointed because they expected something bigger.

Take a baby with you a balony is almost a necessity so you have an escape place while baby naps.

283581491TIjSQB_th.jpg

see the plexiglass right above the lifeboats? these are the 7A obstructed balconies. If you can grab one between lifeboats your view will be even better. Look on the deck plan to see which ones they are

Exactly what I needed, thanks so much! I have room 5191... So I'll see where that is in relation to the lifeboats. Not expecting too much for just $40 extra but there's at least a seat out there. :) Thank you!

Exactly what I needed, thanks so much! I have room 5191... So I'll see where that is in relation to the lifeboats. Not expecting too much for just $40 extra but there's at least a seat out there. :) Thank you!

5191 is next to the wall- the people in 5193 can look direcly into your balcony. I would move to another one further down the row.

lthough you are at the end of the row of lifeboats so you will be able to see down. (pros & cons)

I have 5143, it looked like it was between the boats, what is your thoughts on it? Thanks

5143 is next to the wall too. 5141 will be able to lookinto your balcony too

look at this photo and you will see what i mean by being between lifeboats

2480983700089294901jDKcWY_th.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
We just upgraded to 5243 on the Miracle - room is slightly larger and so is the balcony - how bad is the obstruction.

since your sailing is so close-- I dont think I would have paid for an upgrade for this cabin--- there are other 9As on higher decks for the same price.

But since you did-----

the lifeboat will come up to the railing- you cant look down into the waters.but looking out will be fine.

• 6 years later...