Cruise to Alaska

micbooth

I have a chance to take a Princess cruise to Alaska but have never sailed except Carnival or RCCL. For those of you who have sailed Princess what are the major differences between the two? If I love Carnival will I like Princess? I love the Spirit class ships and was looking forward to the Spirit.

Thanks for your help!

Mick

We were on the Sapphire Princess this past Oct. and loved that ship.....larger than the Spirit class Carnival ships and more elegant.....have sailed Alaska 3 times and loved each cruise...and each was on a different cruise line.....either ship you choose, you will love Alaska.

Food: Princess has better, more seafood seafood items on the menu. If you like seafood, you'll prefer princess to CCL. They also have more, better desserts, like souffles.

Service: about the same

Activities: they have a lot, but are a lot different, like martini demo, champagne waterfall, cooking demo, etc.

Room: CCL has superior bedding and towels. The CCL supplied robe makes the Princess one look like an old rag!

Entertainment: SHows are not as lavish, less performers, but are still good. Unlike CCL, ship seems to go to sleep at 11:00pm

The biggest difference between the two for me is after a CCL cruise, I am exhausted, after a Princess cruise, I am refreshed. My dream trip would be to do CCL and Princess b2b. I think you'll like it. Princess is also great for people who are getting tired of CCL.:)

I was on the Princess Sun to Alaska and it was my first cruise. Was great I thought until I sailed on Carnival and we all liked Carnival's food better. But in all actuality I don't really think cruise food is all that good anyways. Too foofoo for me!! I got back to Texas and first thing I did was go to Whataburger and have a good ole burger, hahaha.

Archived