Differences in SA/SB/SC

Circusboy354

I think I either read or heard that in 7088 it can be very windy. Can you verify this?

Depends on where you sit out there. If you plop down by the doorway the wind does not become a factor at all as the barrier between you & your neighbor dampens things quite a bit. If you move out towards the end of the "extension" area (for lack of a better term) there is a good constant breeze on sea days. We ate on the veranda numerous times and the wind never was a problem- noticeable, but never a problem. Advantage: While docked in warm weather ports the "extension" provides a slight windy cooling effect not present in the cubicle SA. The design seems to keep the air moving.

One major issue we had with this veranda design is if you don't like cig or cigar smoke (we avoid it at all costs) the "extension" seems to draw it in from as far away as 7 or 8 cabins. That dinner picture I posted earler was nearly ruined because of an Olympic Husband & Wife Smoking Team. The smoke seems to run along the side of the ship and hits your veranda as your patio juts out.

All in all though we will always attempt to try and grab one of these two suites in future sailings. The comparisons made between the SA & these two rooms during the cabin crawl made up our mind. Same size room, IMHO better interior layout, longer veranda, for less money.

I had originally booked SB6097 on Upper Verenda deck for a TA in October. After reading this thread about 7087 and 7088 I changed cabins to 7087. I realize it could be chilly and windy but we loved the idea of being able to see in 2 directions. I also like the idea of a little bit of a different layout inside with the bathroom off the living area, as I have been in regular SB and SC suites before. Being on the same deck as the Neptune Lounge is also a plus. So all in all we are very happy with the switch of cabins and are looking forward to our next adventure. This particular cruise is to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary!

Nan

Good choice Nan. We sailed the Noordam last October and the temps were perfect. Now if anyone is interested I'l let you in on my next little secret Noordam discovery: "How to get a lounge chair delivered to your veranda (when told you couldn't) and how to store on that skinny outside area".

Hello Helen,

This is Bob (the guy traveling with all the girls Jan 09 :))

It you can, book the SC, this will give you access to the Neptune lounge, complimentary laundry service, special boarding as well a lunch with the captain. I can tell you the SC cabins on the very rear of the ship do vibrate while moving. We had booked one of the end corner cabins for Alaska on the Noordam and although the views were spectacular my wife (Cathy) did not like the vibration. The very best cabin we have ever booked was 7088 on the Zuiderdam & 7087 on the Noordam.

We are currently looking at a Southern Med for the summer.

Say hello to Pierre for me...

Good Luck

Bob

Hello Helen,

This is Bob (the guy traveling with all the girls Jan 09 :))

It you can, book the SC, this will give you access to the Neptune lounge, complimentary laundry service, special boarding as well a lunch with the captain. I can tell you the SC cabins on the very rear of the ship do vibrate while moving. We had booked one of the end corner cabins for Alaska on the Noordam and although the views were spectacular my wife (Cathy) did not like the vibration. The very best cabin we have ever booked was 7088 on the Zuiderdam & 7087 on the Noordam.

We are currently looking at a Southern Med for the summer.

Say hello to Pierre for me...

Good Luck

Bob

HEY Bob how are you doing ?

great to hear from you back ! ! !, we loved the Noordam cruise this time we just want to take the youngest one Amy (she is 9) to bring her to see Panama canal, so far nothing is booked yet we are watching the price war every week hopefully will be ready in a month or 2 with great deals on the upgrates,BOB you sure took allot of abuse with allthe woman traveling with you bravo to you Pierre said that him traveling with my parents (his mother in law was the first time and the last time on the cruise) so the next one on zuiderdam will be just Pierre and I and Amy that is why we were thinking of maybe getting a bit larger cabin, don’t forget last cruise Noordam Pierre had to pay for 2 VF for 7 persons. BOB do you know when is the best time to book ?

last time on Noordam we booked 10 month in advance we got a great deals but only on VF ( planes included) this time our TA said that nothing much not deals no upgraded no freebies nothing where is the sales from HAL do you know, anyway it was great to hear from you back! ! ! ! hope to keep in touch

Helen :)

I I will upgrade for SC category can anyone tell me if the motion is very strong:confused: I know they views will be fantastic I would like to know from anyone they opinions about SC and what are the benefit for upgrating to SC I know they are only few of SC cabins completely at the back of the ship hopping to hear any suggestion and tips and tricks ( do you get to have free drinks and food at the Neptune lounge with SC ? drinks with alcohol ?:confused:

We stayed in 6166 on the Noordam. Loved that cabin. The wrap around balcony is to die for. There was 2 loungers, 2 chairs with ottomans and a table that seats 4. The interior cabin size is smaller than the other suites- about the size of the SS we just stayed in. There is different food available during the day in the Neptune. The best fresh baked cookies, a specialty coffee machine, a place to relax, magazines and sometimes newspapers when in port. No alcholic or soda beverages were free. If you want to have a small party in your cabin, just let the concierge know and they will arrange for food to be delivered to your cabin. We had about 10 people one night with no problems. The verandah is big enough that you don't even know there are 10 people out there. You do feel the motion more being in the back of the ship, but not that bad. We had REALLY rough weather, so I took some bonine at night which helped me sleep and I wasn't drowsy during the day. If you can swing the expense of the suite, it really is worth it. Just beware-- you will be spoiled.

Archived