How steep is walk to monastery and fort and in city?

EGG

We love to walk and are wondering how steep it is to the monastery after you leave the bus. Same question for the fort and a walking tour of the city. I'm trying to plan a full day and energy.

We love to walk and are wondering how steep it is to the monastery after you leave the bus. Same question for the fort and a walking tour of the city. I'm trying to plan a full day and energy.

After exiting the bus at the monastery it is not steep at all although I beleive I remember having to walk up a few steps. But other than those few steps very easy walking at the monastery. You're not walking any great distances at the monastery. The monastery is absolutely beautiful.

The walk from the bus up to the top of the fort is quite steep and a distance to walk and remember one is doing this in warm humid weather. We enjoy walking and had no problems, but this would, without a doubt, be a problem for anyone with any walking diffculites. We enjoyed visiting the fort more than we had thought that we would.

The walking in the walled city is all flat walking. There may be a few steps depending on where you are visiting but we didn't encounter many steps. The old city is so beautiful that we can't wait to visit there again some day and visit more of the city that we didn't get to see on our first visit there.:)

• 1 month later...

There was about 8 to 10 steps at the monastery and the walk to the steps has a slight incline. The ramps at the fortress are a tad steep but your tour guide will stop you at various times to show you things and it really is not issue if a person is even remotely fit. The walk in the old town is all but flat, I even pushed DW in a wheel chair without a problem. I am sure that you will have a great time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
There was about 8 to 10 steps at the monastery and the walk to the steps has a slight incline. The ramps at the fortress are a tad steep but your tour guide will stop you at various times to show you things and it really is not issue if a person is even remotely fit. The walk in the old town is all but flat, I even pushed DW in a wheel chair without a problem. I am sure that you will have a great time.

I use a manual wheelchair for mobility. My husband and I are interested in seeing fortress. Were there guides on premise or was it a self tour? How much of it do you think a wheelchair will be able to see?

There were certainly a lot of vendors around the base of the Fortress, but I don't know if there were any guides because we went there with a personal guide. You could buy a ticket and tour the Fortress on your own, but I don't think you would get much out of it because I don't recall any explanatory signage. While the way to the top of the Fortress is a ramp, it is rather steep. I am in fairly good physical condition and I was out-of-breath by the time I got to the top (and the heat and humidity didn't help). I'm not sure one could do it alone in a manual wheelchair so you will probably need someone strong enough to push you uphill.

There were certainly a lot of vendors around the base of the Fortress, but I don't know if there were any guides because we went there with a personal guide. You could buy a ticket and tour the Fortress on your own, but I don't think you would get much out of it because I don't recall any explanatory signage. While the way to the top of the Fortress is a ramp, it is rather steep. I am in fairly good physical condition and I was out-of-breath by the time I got to the top (and the heat and humidity didn't help). I'm not sure one could do it alone in a manual wheelchair so you will probably need someone strong enough to push you uphill.

Thanks for your reply. It seems that a tour guide is what we need. My husband will help me push so I don't think I'll have any problems with the steep ramp. Thanks again

Archived