Would like to go to Klein Bonaire but Ship Trip is full....

pthype

You can take a water taxi from Karel's bar--go left when you get to the street and walk 2 or 3 blocks. Karel's will be on your left. When we were there in January it was $20 per person for the round trip--$2 for the underwater park fee and $18 for the round trip water taxi.

• 3 weeks later...

It is not difficult at all! That's what I did. Simply turn left from the pier and walk down the seawall about 5 mins. until you get to the big blue building ahead. There is a little pier with a bar right across the street from that and you buy your $20 ticket there and take the next taxi, which, I believe, run every 20 minutes.

At the pier, there is an information booth. I didn't know where to go, so I just asked them and they pointed out the way to me.

• 2 weeks later...

...or - take the Windward sailing excursion (see thread below). A GREAT excursion to two snorkeling spots off KB, plus drinks and food, only $50 per person (plus tip). Highly, highly recommended. We have taken sailing/snorkeling excursions off a half-dozen or so islands in the Caribbean and this one is tied for First Place in our book! We'll be doing it again next January!

Did you book it ahead of time or did you just pick it up at the pier. I have been to their website but some reviews I read said that they were approached outside the gates by the Woodwind people. If you booked ahead of time - did you have to put a deposit down?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about taking so long to respond!

You will find the people from Woodwind just outside the gate to the cruise ship pier. They will have a clipboard list of all who are going and when everyone is present and accounted for you will all be led down the street (about a 5-minute walk) to the small dock where the boat is waiting. Couldn't be easier! (just be sure to be on time!). No deposit was required but if I remember correctly they wanted you to re-confirm a week or so before your scheduled excursion. A GREAT operation, reasonably priced, and the snorkeling was absolutely spectacular!

Gene

Archived